Being off sick is bad for the wallet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being off sick is bad for the wallet

I've spent most of the day looking at what I can buy for my truck. Being off work sick after having my wisdom teeth out is definitely bad for the wallet. All those goodies and all that time to look at them. But not enought money

Tell me about it. I had a weekend completely off and at home for the first time in months. nothing to do but watch telly, have a drink and surf the net.

I bought or bid on or ordered:

A towbar mounted trail bike rack
    A trailbike to put on it
    Some rear work lights (they were a bargain) so I can see to put the bike on
    An upgrade headlamp loom, to light the way too...
    A begginers trailbike day in north wales
    and a hat.

Thats the stuff for me - never mind the christmas present stuff I ordered, which is what I went on for in the first place. better get some work done to pay for all this.

Dave.

Comment

No tooth fairy then ?

Comment

Originally posted by plodger
        No tooth fairy then ?
        Do they sell tooth fairies on EBAY? if they do I probably bought one whilt I was ****ed.

Comment

Heard on the radio a while back that someone sold a piece of rope for a fiver on EBAY. Found it on the beach and tried to get " money for old rope "!! It b####y worked so anything's possible.

Comment

Maybe I could sell my body on ebay for virgin research. I sell my body, and the virgins research!!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
              Tell me about it. I had a weekend completely off and at home for the first time in months. nothing to do but watch telly, have a drink and surf the net.

I bought or bid on or ordered:

A towbar mounted trail bike rack
              A trailbike to put on it
              Some rear work lights (they were a bargain) so I can see to put the bike on
              An upgrade headlamp loom, to light the way too...
              A begginers trailbike day in north wales
              and a hat.

Thats the stuff for me - never mind the christmas present stuff I ordered, which is what I went on for in the first place. better get some work done to pay for all this.

Dave.

I think you might be in a bit of trouble mate. You are like me. You go on the net with good intentions, then end up spending all the money on yourself. Oh well, you only live once!!

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                I think you might be in a bit of trouble mate. You are like me. You go on the net with good intentions, then end up spending all the money on yourself. Oh well, you only live once!!
                And not for very long after the wife finds out; "sorry dear, our baby can't have any new shoes, i spent the money on my truck". I hope she doesn't know I have life insurance through work.

Comment

well you will have the baby for lifetime, eventually you will trade your truck in for a new one, so you got to spoil it while you got it
                  TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

i had 6 weeks off work and i'm still recovering!...
                    worst purchase was an RC truck for nearly £1000 that's sitting on the back of my car in pieces waiting for new engine!!

best purchase was BEER!!... and lots of it!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                      i had 6 weeks off work and i'm still recovering!...
                      worst purchase was an RC truck for nearly £1000 that's sitting on the back of my car in pieces waiting for new engine!!

best purchase was BEER!!... and lots of it!

I've limited my intake to two cans a night as I'm on lots of pills. Which isn't a bad thing though I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                      X