Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

Its not a surf but please help, I have a jeep cherokee 2.5TD just put it into autotrader this morning, drove it down to jetwash to clean it up and on the way back it let out an almighty bang, its making a clunk, clunk, clunk noise now and wont tick over.

nOW THE BAD BIT, IT HAD A SMALL WATER LEAK WHICH HAS SINCE BEEN REPAIRED BUT i WAS TOPPING IT UP WITH WATER AND FORGOT TO PUT COOLANT IN. THE BOTTOM RADIATOR HOSE IS SEMI FROZEN

What have i broke????? anybody any ideas?

PUT COOLANT IN YER TRUCK
    Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Could be a broken valve or two.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
      Its not a surf but please help, I have a jeep cherokee 2.5TD just put it into autotrader this morning, drove it down to jetwash to clean it up and on the way back it let out an almighty bang, its making a clunk, clunk, clunk noise now and wont tick over.

nOW THE BAD BIT, IT HAD A SMALL WATER LEAK WHICH HAS SINCE BEEN REPAIRED BUT i WAS TOPPING IT UP WITH WATER AND FORGOT TO PUT COOLANT IN. THE BOTTOM RADIATOR HOSE IS SEMI FROZEN

What have i broke????? anybody any ideas?

PUT COOLANT IN YER TRUCK
      Could be a con rod, if water has got into the cylinder due to a crack in the block caused by freezing water expanding. As you know, water does not compress and a big diesel has such a powerful starter motor that it can break the crank or a conrod if you try to compress water in the cylinder.

It don't sound gud m8
      Al.
      I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Has it got a cam BELT or CHAIN?
        If a belt, It may have weakened and stripped some teeth causing timing to be way out and bent a valve and the piston is 'banging' it.

Comment

chain driven, thing is the temp gauge worked as normal and so did the heater but the bottom rad pipe was frozen the clunky bangy bad noise is coming from the head left hand side as looking at it. I am praying to all the dark gods i can think of its the water pump cuz they are 23 quid!! find out monday tune in then for the next exciting episode!!

It lost power and now wont tick over cherokee sh*tbox
          Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

american rif raf

mate of mine has a new one, its got a merc derv engine. Seems to be working well but its a ****** **** car. build quality is very shoddy for a 35 grand motah.
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Working...
            X