RIP Richard Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Richard Burns

2001 WRC world champion 2001 died yesterday. http://www.richard-burns.co.uk/profile.cfm
    it's in me shed, mate.

A sad loss of a driving maestro

RIP a true driving god

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

What a great guy, such a shame he died so young too.
      I really enjoyed his driving.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Rallying loses a legend. Richard really had a great style. It's a shame - Beef (Michael Park) and Burns this year.
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Genuinely gutted!
          He was only 34 and a fellow Reading boy too. A great 'Character' in the rally world.

Comment

Can't believe he's gone so soon.

We've been robbed of a great driver and a fantastic bloke, a very sad loss for us all.

Comment

Gees....firslty Nigel Park [a co-driver] I believe in an accident on the rally stages and now Richard Burns.....two good brits lost in the infancy of life.....especially after driving not so long ago in the Australian Rally for Skoda only to be robbed of third place by mechanical failure
              Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                Gees....firslty Nigel Park [a co-driver] I believe in an accident on the rally stages and now Richard Burns.....two good brits lost in the infancy of life.....especially after driving not so long ago in the Australian Rally for Skoda only to be robbed of third place by mechanical failure
                Think you might find that was MICHAEL PARK, and it was COLIN McRAE who was in Rally Australia recently.!!
                It just does, OK?

Comment

This guy was a top driver. Very young. My best wishes go out to all his family and friends.

Isn't it ironic. Look at all the publicity about George Best and all the news coverage he got on his death and compare it to Richard Burns and what he got. I know it's sad that Best'y died, but he drank himself to death and that was after he got a second chance of having someone elses liver. Poor Richard got struck down at a very young age and didn't do anything to deserve it and he hardly got a mention. Things really suck sometimes.

RIP Richard.

Comment

Damn right! Although very sad for the people around him, George Best knew the consequences of his actions, but chose to carry on regardless. So I cannot feel any remorse whatsoever for the man.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      Damn right! Although very sad for the people around him, George Best knew the consequences of his actions, but chose to carry on regardless. So I cannot feel any remorse whatsoever for the man.
                      ditto that
                      someone else could have given that liver a better ( alchohol free ) future

Richard Burns was a hero of mine - very sad, my thoughts are with all that knew and followed him
                      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                      X