Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP George Best

The end of a football genius........whatever you thought of his lifestyle
    Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
    Correct m8, RIP Bestie.

Comment

Agreed!

one minutes silence will be observed at the Hibernian ground on Saturday. Bestie played 25 matches there under Eddie Turnbull
      (ok football trivia over)
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts

the greatest player ever .. i saw him score six against northamton town in 1970
        nick 1 step in front of you

Comment

was my footballing hero when i was a nip he was a legend
          go have a pint with my dad george
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
            was my footballing hero when i was a nip he was a legend
            go have a pint with my dad george
            GEORGIE BEST-LEGEND ON AND OFF THE PITCH .

Comment

I apologise in advance if I offend any person on this board..

BUT.....I am also in the belief that if he hadn't had the transplant and had passed away, people would have had a lot more respect for him. Credit where it's due he was a great footballer, you can't take that away from him, but he also took someone else's chance of life. Literally thousands of people become addicted to alcohol, fair enough but also thousands of people also overcome the addiction and they aren't given a second chance just because they are famous. I wouldn't wish death on my worst enemies but I personally have no sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer

BUT.....I am also in the belief that if he hadn't had the transplant and had passed away, people would have had a lot more respect for him. Credit where it's due he was a great footballer, you can't take that away from him, but he also took someone else's chance of life. Literally thousands of people become addicted to alcohol, fair enough but also thousands of people also overcome the addiction and they aren't given a second chance just because they are famous. I wouldn't wish death on my worst enemies but I personally have no sympathy.

I concur.....
                Gaz

Comment

i agree. its his family i have sympathy for

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd
                    i agree. its his family i have sympathy for
                    George Best let him rest in peace, an object lesson in total lack of personal responsibility, pity all those who try to emulate him IMHO

Peter

Comment

so u saying that becouse he was a alcholic that he was not in his right to have a transplant ..i think that he had paid more into the tax system that u and i will ever do .. so he was entitled to all treatment .. can a smoker not have treatment as he refuses to stop ...

Comment

Originally posted by koed
                        so u saying that becouse he was a alcholic that he was not in his right to have a transplant ..i think that he had paid more into the tax system that u and i will ever do .. so he was entitled to all treatment .. can a smoker not have treatment as he refuses to stop ...
                        i dont think you will find many people on the transplant list who are still smoking...
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

george best

Originally posted by koed

Well said, they'll still be talking about George Best long after you PC numpties have gone. We're all entitled to our opinions but for respects sake there is a time to have a go, and today's not the day.
                          Upset, Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                            i dont think you will find many people on the transplant list who are still smoking...

no but they use up hell of a lot of the nhs kitty ...

it was said that some one could of had the liver that he had donated .. my father donated his and i know for sure that he would of minded who had the use of it

Comment

did anyone watch the documenary on bbc tonight.i thought it was very good
                              and as they said basically he was a victim of his own fame and fortune and never able to say no and it got out of control.
                              he should'nt be remembered for what he was in the end but for what he done on the pitch for all his fans
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X