yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SURF SSRX LTD 3.0 TD, Manual - Good buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SURF SSRX LTD 3.0 TD, Manual - Good buy?

Hello all

Over the last few years I seem to have collected/gained Labradors and now have 4 ... unfortunately they do not all fit in my 306 3dr!

After doing some research the Surf/4 Runner seems a good buy and has room for all the dogs. A couple of weeks ago I test drove a 4 Runner but the sun roof leaked, loads of rust and it looked like it had had a hard life with a lot of miles on the clock.

Next week I plan to look at a TOYOTA SURF SSRX LTD 3.0 TD (Manual), it seems to have a lot with it:
    All Terrain, Diesel, 1994, 82,000 miles, Black. BULL BAR SPOTS, factory fitted alloys, privacy glass, SIDE STEPS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Central locking, Child locks, Cloth upholstery, Colour coding - Body, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Power assisted steering, Radio/Cassette. 12 Months MOT 6 Months Warranty Full Service History

This is priced at £4995, can anyone advise if this is a good price and is there anything to look out for on this model?

Also whilst looking on different forums and sites there seems to be some conflicting information on mgp (the range is from 20mpg to 40mpg...) Can anyone advise on this too?

Thanks in advance for comments, tips or feedback.

Last edited by Lab Lover; 22 November 2005, 22:27.
    [SIZE=5][COLOR=Yellow][FONT=Tahoma][I]Lab Lover[/I] [/FONT] [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

Originally posted by Lab Lover
    Hello all

Over the last few years I seem to have collected more and more Labradors and now have 4... unfortunately they do not all fit in my 306 3dr!

After doing some research the Surf/4 Runner seems a good buy and has room for the dog. A couple of weeks ago I test drove a 4 Runner but the sun roof leaked, loads of rust and it looked like it had had a hard life with a lot of miles on the clock.

Next week I plan to look at a TOYOTA SURF SSRX LTD 3.0 TD (Manual), it seems to have a lot with it:
    All Terrain, Diesel, 1994, 82,000 miles, Black. BULL BAR SPOTS, factory fitted alloys, privacy glass, SIDE STEPS, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Central locking, Child locks, Cloth upholstery, Colour coding - Body, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Power assisted steering, Radio/Cassette. 12 Months MOT 6 Months Warranty Full Service History

This is priced at £4995, can anyone advise if this is a good price and is there anything to look out for on this model?

Also whilst looking on different forums and sites there seems to be some conflicting information on mgp (the range is from 20mpg to 40mpg...) Can anyone advise on this too?

Thanks in advance for comments, tips or feedback.

If its a good looking vehicle with no signs of abuse then its a fair price in my opinion. Regarding MPG dont expect more than 25. If you get it great, just dont expect it, and dont even begin to dream of getting 40 unless all your journeys are downhill with a following wind. A lot depends of course on your driving style but for the money you are getting a lot of vehicle which will last you for a long long time.and cart around your family , your dog pack and when necessary 8 x 4 sheets of ply, chipboard whatever As far as Im aware from avid reading on this forum theres not much you need to worry about or look for on the 3.0L

Bogus
    Сви можемо

Comment

Hi Bogus

Thanks for you comments, the pictures are good and it is supposed to be in mint condition - Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by Lab Lover
        12 Months MOT 6 Months Warranty Full Service History[/I]

Is this a new import from a dealer? If so, what service history? If its been in this country for a while try and get a look at the registration document and give the previous owner a ring - in my experience they are more than happy to give you the lowdown on the vehicle.
        If it is a new import ask to see the Japanese auction form - it will give an idea of kms covered - some imports have been known to have been clocked.
        A BIMTA certificate will also give you the same information.
        If all seems OK go for it, especially as it is in the most sophisticated colour, BLACK. (The colour war starts again!!!!)
        Keith

Comment

here's the list off Codlords site of things to look for when buying:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/faq.htm

I would always check the hstory out before buying and it might be 84000 kms not miles so even better!!

sounds like a good price!

Joe112
          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your comments.

Its on with a dealer so I have emailed them a few questions:
            - Has the Cam belt been changed?
            - When was the vehicle imported and does it have a BIMTA certificate?
            - Is there any rust on the vehicle?

Hopefully it will all be in order as I'm getting quite excited about seeing it!

Comment

Thanks Joe for the link, I will print it off and take with me!
              Last edited by Lab Lover; 23 November 2005, 17:33.

Comment

Working...
              X