Back to work at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    what the hse will look for is Was he/has he been on any course and passed out to use the machinery
    has there been a risk assesment for the machinery he was using
    and also if the machine has been checked over/serviced on a regular basis and any paper work to clarify it
    have you got an up-to-date accident book and has it all been filled in right as they will pick up on that straight away
    i am a h&s rep for 2 railway maintenance depots down here and these are just a couple of the things they would look for.But i am going by if it happened on the railway but i think it may the same for any company when they are involved
    Hope you have more luck than me - worked on the pway someone let a bogie truck with a load of rail on it - I was eyeing up the rails for level (back in the good old days!) it came on me from behind un herd - lookout was having a fag -stopped it with me leg -mashed bone etc all I got was laid off- not to be re-employed no compo as none said they let the truck down the incline.........no ones fault????? Bl00dy good job times have changed!!, hope you get your and my share and good luck on a speedy recovery
    Watch out for those unmaned crossings!!!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Yeah Richard, we got everything right, training, paperwork, pac tests the whole nine yards..... he's saying that you should not be able to get your hand into where the hook lies !! well....um..... he was the divvy that put his hand there etc etc etc. His legal people have been out and naturally they said it looked dangerous, which it is, if you're dumb enough to stick your hand in there. Like I said to them, we can train people untill the end of time but you cannot legislate for stupidity.
      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
        Hope you have more luck than me - worked on the pway someone let a bogie truck with a load of rail on it - I was eyeing up the rails for level (back in the good old days!) it came on me from behind un herd - lookout was having a fag -stopped it with me leg -mashed bone etc all I got was laid off- not to be re-employed no compo as none said they let the truck down the incline.........no ones fault????? Bl00dy good job times have changed!!, hope you get your and my share and good luck on a speedy recovery
        Watch out for those unmaned crossings!!!
        if no-one let the trolley go then it must of had faulty brakes but the way some of these rail companies worked they always got away with it.I will fight it all the way.I suspose one good thing at the mo is that they have not denied responsibility yet and the other thing i can get a good dozen people to witness that the machine is known for de-railing and yourself having worked on pway you would know what a rail mounted nut runner is and how big it is (a 4 man lift piece of kit)
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
          Yeah Richard, we got everything right, training, paperwork, pac tests the whole nine yards..... he's saying that you should not be able to get your hand into where the hook lies !! well....um..... he was the divvy that put his hand there etc etc etc. His legal people have been out and naturally they said it looked dangerous, which it is, if you're dumb enough to stick your hand in there. Like I said to them, we can train people untill the end of time but you cannot legislate for stupidity.

i would say then if they are saying that he shouldn't be able to put his hand in it what was he doing putting his hand into it and turning the machine on.i would argue the case that it was his own stupid behaviour that has resulted in the accident and if he has been passed out on it then it is his own fault as he knows the machine and it's dangers
          i will ask my safety officer about this and see what he reacons it wont be for a couple of days tho

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
            i would say then if they are saying that he shouldn't be able to put his hand in it what was he doing putting his hand into it and turning the machine on.i would argue the case that it was his own stupid behaviour that has resulted in the accident and if he has been passed out on it then it is his own fault as he knows the machine and it's dangers
            i will ask my safety officer about this and see what he reacons it wont be for a couple of days tho
            I think they kind of figured that one...lol, be interesting to know you man's thoughts though.
            Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
              I think they kind of figured that one...lol, be interesting to know you man's thoughts though.
              had a chat with H&S officer basically as long as you can prove you have done everything possible to ensure his safety e.g safety gaurds,training etc then you should not have a problem.He also said have you at anytime discussed his wellfare e.g home problems that might affect his work,concentration etc
              anything at work e.g bullying worked too many hours you know the sort of things we are getting at
              Like i said above as long as you have done everything possible then you shouldn't really have any trouble,but if he says about welfare and that no-one has talked to him about it then you may run into some difficulties as its the employers responsibility to make sure any person is mentally fit as well as physically fit to do the job

i hope this is of some sort of help

Comment

Working...
              X