Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to work at last

After 4 months off after my accident i have at last returned to work
    Only in the office or driving but at last i am able to get out the house and do something.I am not allowed any off roading that is the only down side
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Originally posted by stormforce1067
    Only in the office or driving but at last i am able to get out the house and do something.I am not allowed any off roading that is the only down side
    I had 4 months out with a broken leg.... it sucked having to go back to work, hope your recovery went better than mine.
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
      I had 4 months out with a broken leg.... it sucked having to go back to work, hope your recovery went better than mine.
      no still not a full recovery yet it's still gonna take a few months yet.
      a peice of machinery i was using on track de-railed and the handle caught me in the groin.i ended up with my pelvis knocked out of alignment and muscle,tendon and nerve damage.i'm not able to walk far or stand or sit for long periods of time but i'm slowly getting there

Comment

Better get yer tracking checked then Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Better get yer tracking checked then Richard.

trouble is now b4 any compo is paid out they have to do a full investigation into the accident as there has never been any serious injury to anyone with this piece of rail mounted kit

Comment

We have an invetigation going on at the moment, HSE jobie, lad chopped his finger off in a crane hook, thing is he is sueing us for not ensuring his safety. Its a joke... he put his hand there.... he had the wand..... he hit the button.... he didnt remove finger..... he lost finger.... how can this be our fault ??..... no doubt he will get millions. Git.

Rich... sorry about yours mate... hope ya get it sorted quick. Mine took 2 years to pay out, got £10,000 though so it was worth it.
            Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

trouble is now b4 any compo is paid out they have to do a full investigation into the accident as there has never been any serious injury to anyone with this piece of rail mounted kit

You can bet they will try everything to avoid paying any money out. Are you in a union, are they paying for the legal stuff?

Sounds a really nasty injury mate. Hope you still have all your functions intact???

Comment

Glad you are on the mend mate. As a railman myself I appreciate that none of that heavy machinery needs to be moving very fast to do a lot of damage. The investigations take for ever. I have just been chasing our SQE guys up for the report on my electrocution back in January.

Take it easy and enjoy being on light duties.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Bl***Y HELL, you railway guys know how to live life in the dangerous lane!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
                    We have an invetigation going on at the moment, HSE jobie, lad chopped his finger off in a crane hook, thing is he is sueing us for not ensuring his safety. Its a joke... he put his hand there.... he had the wand..... he hit the button.... he didnt remove finger..... he lost finger.... how can this be our fault ??..... no doubt he will get millions. Git.

Rich... sorry about yours mate... hope ya get it sorted quick. Mine took 2 years to pay out, got £10,000 though so it was worth it.
                    what the hse will look for is Was he/has he been on any course and passed out to use the machinery
                    has there been a risk assesment for the machinery he was using
                    and also if the machine has been checked over/serviced on a regular basis and any paper work to clarify it
                    have you got an up-to-date accident book and has it all been filled in right as they will pick up on that straight away
                    i am a h&s rep for 2 railway maintenance depots down here and these are just a couple of the things they would look for.But i am going by if it happened on the railway but i think it may the same for any company when they are involved

Comment

What about youre bedroom antics? You need to claim for that as well!
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                      (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                        What about youre bedroom antics? You need to claim for that as well!
                        funny you say that Mark i was doing yet another statement for the H&S and Enviroment Officer today and i also brought that up, as well as having to get rid of the suki's as it was'nt worth keeping them in the garage for at least 6 months and he said to wait until the last moment and hit them with that aswell

Comment

funny you say that Mark i was doing yet another statement for the H&S and Enviroment Officer today and i also brought that up, as well as having to get rid of the suki's as it was'nt worth keeping them in the garage for at least 6 months and he said to wait until the last moment and hit them with that aswell
                          Quite right! I was'nt joking you have to tell all about how you loved gardening & swimming etc as this accident has really spoilt your Social life etc.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            Quite right! I was'nt joking you have to tell all about how you loved gardening & swimming etc as this accident has really spoilt your Social life etc.
                            too right the H&S officer has said to write out a rough copy of the claims form email it to him and he will point out anything missed etc and then i can send it in.one good thing with the RMT union they do a accident cover so i can claim £28 p/w for the time i was off.At least it will pay for my 2in suspension lift which will be on order this week

Comment

look on the bright side mate Xmas is nearly here a few days off
                              Enjoying Life after Cancer
                              Pops

Comment

Working...
                              X