Bonnet and light protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonnet and light protectors

Has anyone bought a "smoked" bonnet protector from roughtrax? If you have, how easy are they to fit, do they look the dogs bo****ks and do they fit well??? Also has any one fitted those clear headlight protectors??? Again, how easy to fit, do they look good and are they a good fit???

As they reckon they are "clip on", can they be easily nicked??

Cheers.

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...cid=238&vid=10

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...cid=239&vid=11

Hi,
    A lot of it depends on the colour of your truck....if you have a black one then it wont stand out too much but still do its job.
    I have a carbon look one from roughtrax on my BURGUNDY(the best colour by the way) truck and i think it looks quite smart. It fits to the bonnet by to pin type things,similar to door card pins if i remember rightly,they are quite strong though.
    There are some pics of mine on here but they dont really do it justice.
    Iid imagine the headlamp covers just clip over the lens but you may be able to fix them somehow.

cheers
    Darren
    So many toys-So little cash

Comment

Most headlight protectors are held in place by the bonnet closing on them, plus a few velcro pads.

Comment

Originally posted by surfer daz
        Hi,
        A lot of it depends on the colour of your truck....if you have a black one then it wont stand out too much but still do its job.
        I have a carbon look one from roughtrax on my BURGUNDY(the best colour by the way) truck and i think it looks quite smart. It fits to the bonnet by to pin type things,similar to door card pins if i remember rightly,they are quite strong though.
        There are some pics of mine on here but they dont really do it justice.
        Iid imagine the headlamp covers just clip over the lens but you may be able to fix them somehow.

cheers
        Darren

Do you find that the protector deflects the stone chips onto your windscreen?

I have a BLUE truck wich is by far the fastest colour. So I think the smoke would look good. Those electric blue ones are too see-thru I think.

Cheers dude

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Most headlight protectors are held in place by the bonnet closing on them, plus a few velcro pads.

There was a thread on here about the horrors of velcro. Have you got any on your truck?

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
            Do you find that the protector deflects the stone chips onto your windscreen?

I have a BLUE truck wich is by far the fastest colour. So I think the smoke would look good. Those electric blue ones are too see-thru I think.

Cheers dude
            Cant say i've noticed any stones being deflected at all.....definately havent had any stones hit the windscreen. I bought one as a way of covering the stone chips that were already on the bonnet when i bought the truck

Smoked one should look wicked on your blue truck...i think the electric blues should be avoided....a bit too much blue for my liking! ( i see Barry has reduced them in price)

Darren
            So many toys-So little cash

Comment

I have this one http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...cid=238&vid=10
              Once the salt is being spread by the gritters you wont get those little chips on the front of your bonnet.
              Attached Files
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Got a smoked acyrilic one from 4x4 wheels and tyres, dead easy to fit and remove, Just be careful when shutting bonnet, It goes well with wind gaurds
                and all look good on a grey, The refined colour.
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Round 4
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

ye i have both fitted to mine the bonnet guard needs no mods the holes are already there and the headlight covers come with two screws the go into the top of the light both should take no longer than ten mins to fit.i have the carbon fibre bonnet guard and the light tint light covers and i think they look realy nice could post a piccy if needed
                    Last edited by kiowa; 22 November 2005, 20:41.
                    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                      ye i have both fitted to mine the bonnet guard needs no mods the holes are already there and the headlight covers come with two screws the go into the top of the light both should take no longer than ten mins to fit.i have the carbon fibre bonnet guard and the light tint light covers and i think they look realy nice could post a piccy if needed

Yeah, a picture would be great.

Comment

Yeah, a picture would be great.
                        ok bud will take a piccy tommorow for you
                        I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                          ok bud will take a piccy tommorow for you

Cheers mate. Will keep my eye out.

Comment

Has anyone bought a "smoked" bonnet protector from roughtrax? If you have, how easy are they to fit, do they look the dogs bo****ks and do they fit well??? Also has any one fitted those clear headlight protectors??? Again, how easy to fit, do they look good and are they a good fit???

As they reckon they are "clip on", can they be easily nicked??

Cheers.
                            have a look here dude,
                            http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...cid=235&vid=34

the bonnet guard has 2 push in clip type things, easy.
                            the head light covers clip over the top of the lights and are moulded to locate just below the light unit, when the bonnet is down, they're not coming off.
                            nothing else to do, go for it...........

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                              I have this one http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php...cid=238&vid=10
                              Once the salt is being spread by the gritters you wont get those little chips on the front of your bonnet.
                              we're posh down south... they use table salt, not rock salt!

a little man comes out and sprinkles at night!!... damn binge drinkers!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X