whats the best mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best mods?

I just got a 94 3.0 SSRX whats the best mods to carry out?? looking the usual more power, more mpg, better driveability etc etc. As far as I know its completely standard apart from a turbo timer.
    Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Try the search facility, a few on here have tweaked their toys!
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

ooohhh where to start....

the big wheels and tyres, the suspension and body lift, the top of the range sereo, the bobbox (engine enhancement thingy), Heated fuelcat, winch bumper, winch, remove side steps, snorkel, dual fuel tank system, roof box/bars, 3 " stainless twin exhaust, even seen one with purple and white fur interior... skys the limit.... get searching for details....
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Do a search for egr mod. I did it yesterday in about 30 seconds and it seems to be adding to the power.

Comment

jobs a goodun!! wee job fer 2mara then.
          Fuzzy wuzzy wuz a woman??

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
            ooohhh where to start....

the big wheels and tyres, the suspension and body lift, the top of the range sereo, the bobbox (engine enhancement thingy), Heated fuelcat, winch bumper, winch, remove side steps, snorkel, dual fuel tank system, roof box/bars, 3 " stainless twin exhaust, even seen one with purple and white fur interior... skys the limit.... get searching for details....
            Tony start panicking....thats her wedding pressie list............

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
              Tony start panicking....thats her wedding pressie list............
              no need for tony to worry, if they can score that lot off the wedding list! still he would have to fit it all...
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
                I just got a 94 3.0 SSRX whats the best mods to carry out?? looking the usual more power, more mpg, better driveability etc etc. As far as I know its completely standard apart from a turbo timer.

Here's a link to a bit I posted the other week

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=17862

incase it's not clear water injection is the Biz

Comment

Hello 'Bikenuts'

You wouldn't be my ex pub landlord would you!

Anyhow, my best mod in terms of return for time and money was fitting a remote to the central locking.

50quid and two hours and I have an alarm, and it opens and shuts the locks. I have a hidden emergency overide in case the blipper goes in a puddle.

i have now sorted a setup so that locking the car shuts the power rear window if not already shut, and the aux channel opens it, but I put that in temorary while playing so need another few hours to run the cables to the back and make it perminant.

Have all the details of what to connect where if anyone wants them

Also a great mod- cutting the little wire at the back of the ign switch that sets of a beep if you open the door with the key in. I hated that beep.

Dave

Comment

[QUOTE=Medieval Dave]Hello 'Bikenuts'

Could be

P.S. Send my regards to your Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                      Hello 'Bikenuts'

Anyhow, my best mod in terms of return for time and money was fitting a remote to the central locking.

50quid and two hours and I have an alarm, and it opens and shuts the locks. I have a hidden emergency overide in case the blipper goes in a puddle.

i have now sorted a setup so that locking the car shuts the power rear window if not already shut, and the aux channel opens it, but I put that in temorary while playing so need another few hours to run the cables to the back and make it perminant.

Have all the details of what to connect where if anyone wants them

Also a great mod- cutting the little wire at the back of the ign switch that sets of a beep if you open the door with the key in. I hated that beep.

Dave

go on... tell all... i hate that beep aswell - which wire is it?????

Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by joe112
                        go on... tell all... i hate that beep aswell - which wire is it?????

From memory not all surfs are the same. i did a search on the forum, cut the colour it suggested - and lost the little light that shows you where to put the key.

On mine it was white with a stripe, either balck or dark blue, and it was one of two wires much thinner than the rest of the bunch.

Anyhow, look behind the ignition, I think where it shows on the photo (although the point is a little off, i took it for something else, and cut the little skinny one, leaving space to re-solder if it's the other one. I got it second time. just check you still have your key light.

Sorry, will have a look for which one is tapped off if I ever see my truck in daylight again....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Best modification that you can ever install in your surf mate is you
                          Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Working...
                          X