####### Batterys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started up OK this morning on one original and old serria battery, Several
    times today in fact, If it keeps me going till after xmas that'll be sammy dick,
    Had to put blocks of wood between small battery and clamp to stop it jumping about though! Cheers Da Slug Man ill try costco, My local accessory
    shop reccon about £45 apeice they only had listing for the land cruser, Have they got two batterys? I dont think mine has a split system, There is one
    main pos cable running forward of the rad linking both, Idid however forget
    to remove the blanket from over the engine, Suddenly realised after about five minuits, Nearly shart myself, Did that once in my Vaux Velox! It was'nt till it caught fire that i realised what i'd done Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

dont forget the cables are the opposite way on each side - if your getting 3 from Costco (good price and Bosch batteries at mine) then check to see your wires will reach if you reverse them.

I got my mechanic to get mine, the pair were UKB's for £90.
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Split charge systems work by one battery is just for starting, and all the trucks factory electrical stuff, (which would require a minimum 700cca battery.)
        and the other battery is for powering accessories light extra lights,winches,fridges etc.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/battery.htm
        Think i saw on onother thread that the japanese offered several optsions
        like winter or snow packs (for northern japan) These were either duel or heavy duty batterys thicker carpet fuel preheaters etc, Mayby thats why
        we seem to have so many battery types,,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Working...
        X