We got muddy this afternoon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got muddy this afternoon!

Gav was bored and didn't fancy sitting in front of the TV all afternoon, so after fixing the turbo Friday afternoon we decided to go and get muddy!

Only being just round the corner we HAD to go and see "the Puddle" and we found a Land Cruiser meet going on so what does Gav do You guessed it he had to show off with his mud tyres and snorkel

So here's the video ...

http://media.putfile.com/The-Puddle

Who came off best then
    Debs

Oh and here's some photos of the muddy truck and our daughter being really interested in what we were doing

And we found some new lanes for the next Salisbury Meet Up
    Attached Files
    Debs

Comment

2 words
      supreme excellence
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Nice vid......now I got the hump cos I aint been out to play for 2 whole weeks and all I got today was COLD
        going off now to sulk.....
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

brilliant vid!

must have been rubbish tyres on the crusier?
          Landcruiser Colorado
          Sub. Forester

Comment

Looks like you had great fun. I know the BJ kept getting stuck but it had the nicer sounding engine. I still want one.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Glad the SURF out-shone the competition.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by andycook
                brilliant vid!

must have been rubbish tyres on the crusier?
                well we thought that but the nice man seemed to have every cool toy you could throw at a mud plugger, including a set of BFG mud's. seems the bargin basment MT's can hold their own after all!!!! (and knowing to keep at least one wheel on the small bank)
                Debs

Comment

I'm off to join Sumo in the sulking room - I only live round the corner and spent the day working on my restoration project , would have been a lot more fun to have gone out and played!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
                    I'm off to join Sumo in the sulking room - I only live round the corner and spent the day working on my restoration project , would have been a lot more fun to have gone out and played!
                    can i come too could use a sulk
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dawson
                      Sorry, it was a coming back from Salisbury this morning what shall we do trip, so no time to post to see if anyone wanted to join us But that is the advantage of living right on the doorstep to Salisbury Plain
                      Debs

Comment

Who can blame you for that then.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                        (")_(")

Comment

looks like we need to start a sulking thread. I've spent most of the weekend sulking.

Saturday: Wanted to work on the Zook. Panel supplier was shut at 12:25, when it says 12:30 closing on the door. I was late getting there cos SWMBO insisted that we do things in her order of priority. Only managed to weld a couple of small plates on and it was dark. Sulk

Sunday: Went to Homebase for bits to make a snorkel. They never have any 90deg bends in. Nor did B&Q, No Frills, or any of the others. Got back just before it got dark, then my nephew turned up to help lift that ****** great big gearbox and transfer box out of the Surf. Then it was dark. I'm seriously thinking of throwing a sicky so I can get it done. Or moveing nearer to the equator for longer daylight hours. SULK.

Sorry to have hi-jacked your thread but seeing that other peeps have had fun this weekend just makes it worse.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Good video- shows the importance of taking the right line on an obstacle. Cleary the ground a few feet further over where the Land Cruiser drove was much harder going!

Comment

You lot think you're sulking? Bah, Now I'm REALLY sulking, I still haven't mad it through that puddle yet. Gav seems to be enjoying beating me to it! The git!

ps <mutters> good vid tho Debs. grr!
                              I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Working...
                              X