yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And now for something slightly different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now for something slightly different...

At work on Friday, three of us (all men) noticed that we were showing the first signs of grey hair.

Question is what should be doen about it. So here goes. If this works this post should be accompanied by a Poll. I've deliberately spilt the poll in to two halves so that we can get the masculine and femine perspectives on this age ol problem. Will be interesting to see the outcome.

Rob
    (MEN Only to Answer) Go down the Grecian 2000 Route
    1.52%
    (MEN Only to Answer) Go Grey Gracefully
    93.94%
    (LADIES Only to Answer) Go down the Grecian 2000 Route
    1.52%
    (LADIES Only to Answer) Go Grey Gracefully
    3.03%
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

no poll here
    but why worry about grey hair there more important stuff to worry about
    like is father christmas going to bring all my surf goodies this year
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
      no poll here
      but why worry about grey hair there more important stuff to worry about
      like is father christmas going to bring all my surf goodies this year
      Poll should be there now Pops, and exactly - get that vote cast!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolfCub
        Poll should be there now Pops, and exactly - get that vote cast!
        tiz done mate
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

You've missed out a third option...........Shave head!
          That's what most blokes in south Wales do anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER

in this weather you must be joking lol
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

nearly 37yr old and my goaties got some greys coming ..no greys in my hair (as yet)..guess i`m the only 1 to vote for the dye..lol

Comment

Originally posted by anson
                nearly 37yr old and my goaties got some greys coming ..no greys in my hair (as yet)..guess i`m the only 1 to vote for the dye..lol
                Maybe this is a different thing all together.

I'd thought about dying my goatie blond (my normal hair colour is dark brown, with a growing percentage of grey!) - just to see what reaction I'd get from people at work!!

Incidentally, if you do dye your goatie, how long does it last before you need to dye it again??? And, do you have to go through lots of rigmarole or is it straight forward? Can you recommend a brands??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                  I thought shaving was the new comb over ?? nowt to do wi going grey, more to do with going bald or with showing your head and neck tattoos to better advantage

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

I'm not overly worried about going grey, so I'll do that fairly gracefully. As my hairline receads(sp?) however I'll go more and more to keeping it very short. I'm already working pretty hard on a decent widows peak
                    Paul </Slugsie>
                    Immortal.so far!

Comment

my mate's 28 and has a big patch of grey on the front of his head... he dyed it once and looked a complete ****!

think i'm the only one that has no grey!...
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Go Grey or Bald gracefully, Either way its better than Dyeing it or wearing
                        a dodgy syrup, Still got 98% of mine and still blond ish, must be lucky, Had
                        a mate who turned headmaster in his twenties, Guess its in the genes??
                        (or wranglers)
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                          Go Grey or Bald gracefully, Either way its better than Dyeing it or wearing
                          a dodgy syrup, Still got 98% of mine and still blond ish, must be lucky, Had
                          a mate who turned headmaster in his twenties, Guess its in the genes??
                          (or wranglers)

Huh, I dont really care cause( I,m the only grey in the village)

Comment

Hair generally grows about 1cm a month. I am not quite sure if that applies to chin hair but I suppose so.

Bleach powder from a hairdressers wholesaler + 9% hydrogen peroxide solution on the beard should lift the colour. It may take an hour or two. Check though all the time, it may 'go off' in half an hour (unlikely tho') then wash it off. If you wash the bleach off too early you end up with orangey or yellowy looking hair. If you leave it on too long your hair drops off tho. If you get orangey or yellow looking hair just apply more bleach mix.

If you skin starts to itch or hurt lots then wash the whole lot off as you could be blistering which will not be nice.

Wear old clothes you don't mind spots of bleach on.

On the other hand go to a salon.

Pg

Comment

Oh thats a tough one that salt and pepper look isn't good but a lovely mop of silvery grey hair is cool!

I think if you look generally old then get to the salon and have them dye it Grecian 2000 is too obvious but a hairdresser will put in nice highlights and lowlights so it will look natural. I have no idea if my hair is going grey or not as I haven't seen its true colour for about 15 years!!

So I'll vote for the Grecian 2000 but what I mean is yes to dying it but not at home!
                              Off Roading Rules!! When's the next meet??

[IMG

Comment

Working...
                              X