sumo's swift action..(not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sumo's swift action..(not)

Iv'e had my old girl some time now (6 years),and ever since I got her every now and then I would look at the front of my surf and wonder if it was level,it always seemed to be dipping down at the drivers side front.I decided that it was the ground not being level ( or could it be thr fat bloke wot sits behind the steering wheel).Today I actually got around to measuring the gap from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch and guess what!!!!! the nearside was 21 inches and the offside was?????????????????????? 19.5 inches.So it was not the ground (but it could still have been caused by the afore mentioned fat bloke). So underneath I go with my trusty spanner and now the old girl is level at.
    22 inches...

(and I didn't feel a thing!...Angie)

so its now as high at the front as it is at the back,not bad going that almost 4years between the rear end being fitted with uprated springs and the front end getting the leveling trearment.Looks proper lifted now...
    If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

I've got the same thing with mine. What was wrong with it and what did you do to fix it? I'm getting cocky with the spanners now so i'll have a go
    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
      I've got the same thing with mine. What was wrong with it and what did you do to fix it? I'm getting cocky with the spanners now so i'll have a go
      I just cranked up the torsion bars,jack up the front and wind the nuts on the torsion bars down.Lower front end and measure.Repeat procedure untill required hight is achieved. [probably the totaly wrong thing to do but the basement bird says I cant have a new one(surf that is) till I broke this one.] It only took 30 mins,1 can of WD40 (sorry 2 cans of WD40 I drove over a full can) and several cups of coffee.

Comment

Christ is that all! Well thats on my list then. I just thought expensive new shocks but my budget streches to a can of WD or 2. Cheers for that.

Comment

Christ is that all! Well thats on my list then. I just thought expensive new shocks but my budget streches to a can of WD or 2. Cheers for that.
          No no no it did include uprated rear (leaf) springs and a set of procomp 9000 all round (which came from Barry at Roughtrax) but that was about 4 years ago (and didnt take that long to do) .Its only now that I got around to leveling the front (IFS).If your gonna raise the front dont go to mad because you will lose space at the bump stops.
          If in doubt ask TonyN he's the man for the technical words and stuff.

Comment

[QUOTE=sumo] it did include uprated rear (leaf) springs and a set of procomp 9000 all round QUOTE]

well i think my shocks are OK still, I've got the 2 stiffness setting type and I've not had any problems with anything other than, as you say, looking back at my parked truck and wondering if it's a bit wonky, "nah, must be my imagination...." I didn't think it would be possible to tweak it. Funny now that I've got other problems with the truck I'm thinking "must sort everything else out and get it in A1 condition" If i hadn't of dunked it in mud soup i wouldn't be doing anything, could easily of stretched it to 6 years!

How is it with your new suspension set up?

Comment

dont forget the coffee thats 100quids worth knowing sumo
              and bet he had bikkie's or cake too (in his words and reason this been done )
              fat bloke in the front sorry rick could not resist
              bet you did fine job tho mate and glad your on the level now
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

well i've spent the last 2 weeks drying out, if i could get on the level now too i'll be a new man

time to get out into the fog, at least there's no windchill here....

Comment

well i've spent the last 2 weeks drying out, if i could get on the level now too i'll be a new man

time to get out into the fog, at least there's no windchill here....
                  he was here prob gone back in his shed to play with his new puppy
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

i got a puppy!!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      i got a puppy!!
                      scary thought...

come into my shed and play with the puppy
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

i cant see anyone falling for that line...
                        Attached Files
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i cant see anyone falling for that line...
                          that is one cute pup - bird magnet - enjoy the puppy stage while you can.
                          Dave

Comment

they said that about the other one but she only pulls in the mad old bags...(can i say that?) hopefully this ones better calibrated...
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

they said that about the other one but she only pulls in the mad old bags...(can i say that?) hopefully this ones better calibrated...
                              mine works fine - although I do get the odd guy stopping to fuss her though - still, the perks more than make up for that!!!!!
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X