My new light bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new light bar

Been thinking about doing this for a long while. Took some time to get the bits I needed (mainly the sunroof deflector). It's not fully wired up yet, still trying to decide how I'm going to get the wires up to them, and where I'm going to fit the switches.

What do you think?
    Attached Files
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Originally posted by Slugsie
    Been thinking about doing this for a long while. Took some time to get the bits I needed (mainly the sunroof deflector). It's not fully wired up yet, still trying to decide how I'm going to get the wires up to them, and where I'm going to fit the switches.

What do you think?
    Honestly?
    [FONT=Impact]I couldn't repair your brakes sir, so

Comment

Looks erm a bit wussy compared to the size of the surf ...sorry

Comment

Wheres the LIGHTBAR then ???
        Attached Files
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

What do you think?
          Erm........realy like the bonnet, transfer down the side is not for me.............
          Err...............colours not bad Umm........................... .little early for Christmas lights isnt it? not for me ..but there again wouldn't it be a boring old place if we all liked the same things?
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

What do you think?
            Never mind them!! They look ok, Rotten lot, I'm definatly not posting a
            pic of my new ign key now,,, Only way for wireing I think is down the
            pillar, Trim off, Headlining down a bit at front and use an old speedo inner
            cable or similar to draw the cable through Regards Ian
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

What do you think?
              Slugsie, perhaps a night-time shot might be helpful - just cos they're small doesn't mean that they're not powerful eh!
              Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

like the man said if they are bright enough then jobs a good un. nothing wrong with understatement...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

OK, well I knew that they wouldn't be to everyones taste.

I didn't want to go for a traditional light bar, too big for me, and I'd have worries getting in and out of multi-story car parks. I didn't get time to complete the install today, had to go into work.

They should be bright enough, they may only be small, but they're still 55W each, so a total of 220W should light the way just fine.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

OK, well I knew that they wouldn't be to everyones taste.

I didn't want to go for a traditional light bar, too big for me, and I'd have worries getting in and out of multi-story car parks. I didn't get time to complete the install today, had to go into work.

They should be bright enough, they may only be small, but they're still 55W each, so a total of 220W should light the way just fine.
                    Sounds awesome to me, and I know what you mean about multi-story car parks, have been in a few recently and it's already a close thing even without the lamps - good thinking that man.
                    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Can I ask... what make are they ? cost ? where from ? I like the size of them, personally I would not have put them there, but as you say it is down to personal preference.
                      I'd like some to use as reversing lights.
                      Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
                        Can I ask... what make are they ? cost ? where from ? I like the size of them, personally I would not have put them there, but as you say it is down to personal preference.
                        I'd like some to use as reversing lights.
                        The lights themselves I got from ezled on ebay, they are Ring Micro Cruise halogens. The ring wiring kit I got from Speeding.co.uk. Total cost (two sets of lamps, two wiring kits, and a few sundry other bits) came to around £70.
                        Paul </Slugsie>
                        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
                        X