Keep your Surf warm this winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
    Yes that was my thought, I have lost a Gazeebo (Gayzebra!) to the wind and would worry about this, is it anchored down?

N
    from the original post

"As you can see in the pics I have just mounted it on concrete cubes set into the grass - wife didn't want a concrete pad just in case the "garage" was no good!
    If it was in a sheltered spot you could probably just use ground anchors through the "feet", or rawl bolt it to an existing driveway"

Comment

Originally posted by s2-wolf
      Size is 20 feet by 10 feet (3 m x 6 m) by very tall!!
      The Surf goes through the rolled up doorway without touching, although if the radio aerial is up it just catches on the very tip.
      As you can see from the pics posted at the start of the thread the ridge of the roof is considerably higher than the door opening.
      Pretty damn big!
      Do you reckon it can be set up so it is not as long
      i.e by using 1 less section of the frame

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
        Pretty damn big!
        Do you reckon it can be set up so it is not as long
        i.e by using 1 less section of the frame
        I don't think that would be possible because the roof is a "tailored" fit, ie it is shaped to fit exactly over the sides and particularly the ends. It is not just a flat sheet that you throw over as best you can!
        Costco don't even sell a smaller one. These are advertised as suitable for 4x4, boats, caravans etc.
        Keith

Comment

Originally posted by s2-wolf
          I don't think that would be possible because the roof is a "tailored" fit, ie it is shaped to fit exactly over the sides and particularly the ends. It is not just a flat sheet that you throw over as best you can!
          Costco don't even sell a smaller one. These are advertised as suitable for 4x4, boats, caravans etc.
          Goldnamit! I'm ok for the 3m wide but reckon 5m max for the length
          thanks for all the info
          I've gotta find a way to make one of these useable might have to move house!
          cheers Bobo

i

Comment

My question is............ can you get one that you can fit two in??

second question is..Whens your winter BBQ??

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyaj
              My question is............ can you get one that you can fit two in??

second question is..Whens your winter BBQ??
              You can't get one that will fit two Surfs in, but you could buy two and put them together. End to end would be dead easy and side by side would be a possibility.
              What makes this possible is that the side and end panels are removable individually - so two fitted one behind the other would only require one end panel removing from each - you could even have a door at either end!
              If you are interested I could post the diagrams of how the frame and panels fit - this would show the possibilities of joining two together.
              With a garage 40 feet long you could get both Surfs in and have room for another small car/workbench/over wintering of delicate plants (worth a few creep points and makes excellent excuse to justify the expense!!)

As for the winter BBQ, that would mean evicting the Surf from her cosy home!
              Keith

Comment

i've been looking at those for ages!!

we all got bought car covers at my old job, they were building a new warehouse opposite and adding lime to the ground... it was blowing around everywhere and people got scared that it would take the paint off cars!...

they were from argos and fitted the surf a treat!!... just hook under the bumper!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                X