Road Legal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Legal??

My better half went to the Post Office today armed with Form V5, insurance certificate, MOT Cert' and additional ID. When she got to the counter, the clerk nonchalantly stamped the application, took the money and handed over the disk. When asked if she wanted to see the other doc's, the answwer was,"No."
    So,the government has wasted several £millions of our money on the, "No V5 - No Tax." campaign.
    It's nice to know that our money is being well spent and that no one is going to run into us, with no insurance or MOT, after all they have been checked at the Post Office haven't they?
    It's only a hobby!

Give us the post office addy, and the guys name!

Will come in handy in the new year!
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      Give us the post office addy, and the guys name!

Will come in handy in the new year!
      still gotta pay though!

simpler way is to borrow mothers mondeo and scan the disc, soak in brake fluid to remove ink) write in your own details and hey pesto!!

works with insurance cover notes too!!

of course i would never try this myself and don't condone this type of behaviour!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
        still gotta pay though!

simpler way is to borrow mothers mondeo and scan the disc, soak in brake fluid to remove ink) write in your own details and hey pesto!!

works with insurance cover notes too!!

of course i would never try this myself and don't condone this type of behaviour!
        hehe, Years ago, I had an old Baja bug that needed various nefarious deeds to keep it on the road.

ah, happy days (obviously, a more responsable person now)....................

Comment

To old fashioned.

Just use a scanner for the disc, no probs.

Sewerat
          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Magenta][SIZE=2][B]SEWERAT BOB[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen][I][COLOR=Lime][B]I just sit here & looks out to sea or if i'm really rushed then i just sits here & continues to look out to sea[/B][/COLOR][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

hehe, Years ago, I had an old Baja bug that needed various nefarious deeds to keep it on the road.

ah, happy days (obviously, a more responsable person now)....................

hehehe!! mine was a MINI!

Comment

Might have worked in the old days but...

Before some numpty runs off and tries this scam, a quick word of warning.

Sure you can create a copy of a tax disc and stick in your windscreen, that's not a problem. The problem arises when the car is registered in your name.

There are vans cruising Bristol day and night (and I have seen one in the back of beyond on the outskirts of the city cruising down the row of cars outside of a pub at 10:30pm!) that have a rear facing mini camera mounted on a stalk out of the roof. At 30mph this camera can photograph all of the license plates and tax discs on both sides of the road.

It can also check the data with the DVLC as it goes along.

The driver has two options, either wait till he gets back to base and download all of the data. The system then automatically generates penalty notices to all offenders, or, if he is having a lazy day, he can park up and print the tickets there and then.

The vans are bright yellow.

Anyone who uses the M32 into Bristol will also be aware that there are two static cameras that are regularly set up to do exactly the same thing with every vehicle that enters the city via that route.

I am sure that the local council is run by a Mr G Orwell??

Comment

So Dabigman - you lika da Italian food huh!!
                you must have Italian ancestry like myself........

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
                  So Dabigman - you lika da Italian food huh!!
                  you must have Italian ancestry like myself........

nah, wrong colour!... scottish, hence the blue tint skin tone!

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
                    nah, wrong colour!... scottish, hence the blue tint skin tone!

Comment

Have nearly finished reading this - wet myself laughing......
                      Last edited by rusty; 1 December 2003, 23:54.
                      NO WORRIES!
                      Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                        My better half went to the Post Office today armed with Form V5, insurance certificate, MOT Cert' and additional ID. When she got to the counter, the clerk nonchalantly stamped the application, took the money and handed over the disk. When asked if she wanted to see the other doc's, the answwer was,"No."
                        So,the government has wasted several £millions of our money on the, "No V5 - No Tax." campaign.
                        It's nice to know that our money is being well spent and that no one is going to run into us, with no insurance or MOT, after all they have been checked at the Post Office haven't they?

Know what you mean. today they issued mine a tax disc on the SVA MOT which only had the chassis number on it. "do you want to see the V5" I asked

"no" was the answer. so if anyone wants to borrow my MOT cert, it'll do any other surf.
                        ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasurf
                          Know what you mean. today they issued mine a tax disc on the SVA MOT which only had the chassis number on it. "do you want to see the V5" I asked

"no" was the answer. so if anyone wants to borrow my MOT cert, it'll do any other surf.
                          It could end up like one of those chain letters.

Anyone wishing to participate in this venture reply on a post card to:

Scubasurf@dogeydisk.com.uk
                          Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

GGrrrrrr.... i'm not ginger!!
                            just some photo's don't have such good colour!

Comment

Working...
                            X