batteries!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries!!!

what is it with Surfs? I read a couple of threads about batteries going and then this morning mine wouldn't start! is this thing catching or what?

turned it on, waited as usual then turned the key to be greeted with just a click, then after about 30 mins of trying, she just started! and with the cold weather just around the corner I feel really hacked off that i've got to find at least one new battery today.
    Dave

Originally posted by Draig
    what is it with Surfs? I read a couple of threads about batteries going and then this morning mine wouldn't start! .
    Takes a few amps to turn over a big diesel on frosty morning. Got to keep them well maintained- topped up etc. Don't ignore the warning the warning signs if you're having difficulty now.....

Comment

you just want to be like me.....
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

It's because this time of year, you have everything electrical, running on the truck.......De-mister, heater/blower, lights, maybe foglights Terry Wogan! sitting in traffic more 'cos some idiot has broken down up ahead.
        What I found that works for me is when you get home at night, switch everything off that uses the battery but leave the engine running for about a minute, as this will replace some charge back into the tired batteries and also let the turbo wind down.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          you just want to be like me.....
          bl00dy costs me too much to do that mate lol

it was freezing here today but I never expected that to happen - anyway got a 680 cca on now - but the positive clamp aint clamping tight! It's just 1 thing after another ay?

now i'm gonna be paranoid about cold starting!!!!!
          Dave

Comment

Wot you need is an inch of 15mm copper pipe, or an olive (Copper!) bash it flat and place it inside the battery clamp to take up the slack.

Comment

my new batteries leak
              still ive squeezed in a 460 and a 490 CCA- that should do it!
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Wot you need is an inch of 15mm copper pipe, or an olive (Copper!) bash it flat and place it inside the battery clamp to take up the slack.
                cheers mate - tried an olive and it just went 'squish' then I realised you ment a metal thing lol.

i'm scouting around the garage etc now looking for an off-cut of copper - my idea of matchsticks didn't work -lol
                Dave

Comment

Working...
                X