X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg Oil - Lobby your MP!

Hi all,

Have had an update from my local Veg Oil supplier Longma Biofuels

Please see the attached document, it sets out what is happening with Customs and Biofuel producers.

If you feel moved to help (as I did) please Lobby your local MP, according to those in the know it is better to do this individually and become a larger voice than to be represented as one group. I suggest penning a letter, nothing fancy required but state your reasons for using the fuel, try to emphasise the GREEN over the PRICE. Then attach this document.

You can find out who your local MP is and their address here:

MP Lookup

Lets try and keep these guys in business, I have saved over £50 in the last month by buying my fuel through them and done my bit for the environment too!

Naomi
    Attached Files
    Naomi
    AKA - Mamadwyvin
    www.greenhands.co.uk

I wrote to my MP Gordon Marsden several months ago regaring the Veg Oil issue......................... never even got an acknowledgement off the ignorant ******.....................gla d i didn't vote for the BLIAR rentboy

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
      I wrote to my MP Gordon Marsden several months ago regaring the Veg Oil issue......................... never even got an acknowledgement off the ignorant ******.....................gla d i didn't vote for the BLIAR rentboy
      That is terrible. (That you didn't get a reply!)
      Not impressed... maybe we have to dress as Batman and swing from the long hand of Big Ben or something.

Don't be put off guys, if EVERYONE that cares does this then someone somewhere will notice!

Naomi
      Naomi
      AKA - Mamadwyvin
      www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

i think we should gather all this and send it off to all the news programmes, to the motoring programmes. hell, even send it to clarkson he likes stirring it up... the timing could work very well with the pressure on blair, his statements on green issues, the conflict between him and oor gordon, gathering this tax exactly opposing what his pm says in public.. im sure paxman could make them all look very silly...
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          i think we should gather all this and send it off to all the news programmes, to the motoring programmes. hell, even send it to clarkson he likes stirring it up... the timing could work very well with the pressure on blair, his statements on green issues, the conflict between him and oor gordon, gathering this tax exactly opposing what his pm says in public.. im sure paxman could make them all look very silly...
          Free manicure to the one who can provide Clarkson's contact details!

Naomi
          Naomi
          AKA - Mamadwyvin
          www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mamadwyvin
            Free manicure to the one who can provide Clarkson's contact details!

Naomi
            easy
            clarkson c/o Top Gear, BBC
            now what colour nails do i want
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
              That's beyond terrible, and I think it's against the code of conduct of parliament. I believe that your MP is obligated to reply to any questions etc that they receive from their constituents. I contacted my MP Michael Jack (Con) using the Fax Your MP service. I got a response back after a couple of weeks (it's here somewhere). He actually appears to know something on the subject which is slightly encouraging. I'll be putting my writing hat on soon and have another go at him about this.
              Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/bepartofit/
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Chillitt][url]
                  i said that 2 post up the nails are still mine so get back in your shed son
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

natch
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

i was talking to my dad about that this morning... he said i should use some of my families addresses and write to their MP (Trimdon Co. Durham) Tony Blair!!

he was also impressed with my knowledge of transesterification!!
                      hehehe!!

he keeps promising to ask some professor bods in london... but i guess he';s just too busy to remember me!!... sulk!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

natch
                        Don't argue chaps, you can both have one if Clarkson responds!
                        ...I didn't actually find a contact though.....only BBC Complaints
                        Nx

See this....its very funny, maybe we could get a Surf party to one of the shows?

¬¬¬¬¬
                        Even better, is your mate a minger? And do they look like their car? This series we want pictures of people who look like their cars, so send us a picture. http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/bepartofit/
                        ¬¬¬¬¬
                        Last edited by mamadwyvin; 16 November 2005, 23:16.
                        Naomi
                        AKA - Mamadwyvin
                        www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant link

Emailed my MP

Thanks!
                          Peter

Comment

here then... http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...831084,00.html

and here for jon snow et al..
                            Contact the Newsroom

Channel 4 News welcomes all contributions from the public and invites you to send in any interesting stories you're aware of.

You get involved in one of many ways, however please read our FAQ first in case your question has already been answered:

Emails are always welcome, we cannot respond to all of them individually, but they are all read.

You can email us at news@channel4.com*

*Please note this email address is for Channel 4 News in London only. Any other non-news related emails will be forwarded to Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

The News Forum provides an open arena on any news and current affairs related topic.

Alternatively you can reach us by fax on 0207 430 4607 or by post:

Channel Four News
                            ITN
                            200 Gray's Inn Rd
                            London, WC1X 8XZ.
                            Last edited by Chillitt; 16 November 2005, 23:26.
                            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

here then... http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...831084,00.html

and here for jon snow et al..
                              Contact the Newsroom

Channel 4 News welcomes all contributions from the public and invites you to send in any interesting stories you're aware of.

You get involved in one of many ways, however please read our FAQ first in case your question has already been answered:

Emails are always welcome, we cannot respond to all of them individually, but they are all read.

You can email us at news@channel4.com*

*Please note this email address is for Channel 4 News in London only. Any other non-news related emails will be forwarded to Channel 4 Viewer Enquiries

The News Forum provides an open arena on any news and current affairs related topic.

Alternatively you can reach us by fax on 0207 430 4607 or by post:

Channel Four News
                              ITN
                              200 Gray's Inn Rd
                              London, WC1X 8XZ.
                              This guy SO wants a manicure!
                              Thanks Chillit I will try my best, my Mum always said I should be on the news.....I don't think she meant in front of a bulldozer at my local Biodiesel Pump though! I think she had something more like Natasha Kaplinski in mind!
                              Naomi
                              AKA - Mamadwyvin
                              www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X