Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird drive home from work.

Had a weird drive home from work today.

As some southern surfers may of heard on the news , there was a massive fire in Poole which knocked out a lot of power to the Bournemouth and poole areas, about 75,000 homes I think.
    Well I work in Poole and was dreading the drive home as it knocked out all the traffic lights and street lights too.
    It usually takes me 45 mins to get across town, today I managed it in..... Wait for it....... 20 mins !!!
    There was nothing at all on the roads, very earie indeed, and very dark too.

Hope all the other Poole and Bmth surfers are Ok and have power, apparently there's still 45,000 homes without electric.

Andy.

It's a cover story.......the reason no one was about when you went home was....... a UFO had landed and abducted all the people.
    Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
      It's a cover story.......the reason no one was about when you went home was....... a UFO had landed and abducted all the people.

Based on that theory, thoughts of the Grolsh advert spring to mind where the man asks why the aliens abduct simple yocal types.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosinDevon
        and there lights
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
          Had a weird drive home from work today.

There was nothing at all on the roads, very earie indeed, and very dark too.

Andy.
          Good. Without all that Light Pollution maybe the good folk of Poole will actually be able to see some stars tonight (smoke and clouds permitting of course!)

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
            Good. Without all that Light Pollution maybe the good folk of Poole will actually be able to see some stars tonight (smoke and clouds permitting of course!)
            you ole romantic you
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
              you ole romantic you
              I used to drive to into Mid Wales to get a decent dark sky for star gazing- round about here it's orange at night!

Comment

In Leighton Buzzard (Bedfordshire) a year or so ago the traffic light system packed up for a whole day. It was the first day in 6 or 7 years that there was not gridlock at morning or evening rush-hour ( yes folks we get rush hour in rural Beds too). Asked if they would like to, "Repeat the experiment," Mid Beds District Council (or was it LB Town Council) decided it was too dangerous!!

Nanny state??
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                  In Leighton Buzzard (Bedfordshire) a year or so ago the traffic light system packed up for a whole day. It was the first day in 6 or 7 years that there was not gridlock at morning or evening rush-hour ( yes folks we get rush hour in rural Beds too). Asked if they would like to, "Repeat the experiment," Mid Beds District Council (or was it LB Town Council) decided it was too dangerous!!

Nanny state??
                  About right!

Somewhere abroad (denmark or similar) they did an experiment in a town. They took away all forms of traffic control - traffic lights, road markings etc etc.
                  Accidents went down by about 30% and the traffic was less too!.

Im up for it
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

hi andy with you there,very weird.didnt get sent home from work though as in ferndown every thing was working.funny thing was there wasnt a cloud in the sky and you could see the stars.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X