Another Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Year

Just passed MOT again this morning. Used to be £7.50app now £44.00.
    Smoke reading on diesel 2.07 and thats after sitting half an hour or more with engine on tick over.
    Just completed full tank of diesel, with definite improvement in MPG using F/C heater. After using veg oil and petrol over about 5 months, i assume injectors must be good still, if i am getting about 10% better economy.
    Philip
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Originally posted by Philip
    Just passed MOT again this morning. Used to be £7.50app now £44.00.
    Smoke reading on diesel 2.07 and thats after sitting half an hour or more with engine on tick over.
    Just completed full tank of diesel, with definite improvement in MPG using F/C heater. After using veg oil and petrol over about 5 months, i assume injectors must be good still, if i am getting about 10% better economy.
    Philip
    Hiya phil,
    Most of the M-O-T Stations are computer controlled by the 'VOSA', they say it should take '40 min to do a M-O-T'. The computer only allows them to print an M-O-t every 40 min.. It's to stop smaller garges popping out M-O-T's as fast as they can, missing things as they do..so the price go's up.

Iv'e been using veg oil as well, but im not sure on mixing the oil.. you use petrol, wot ratio do you mix? Iv'e used White sprite but im abit concerned it may damage the engine and gelling up at winter.
    Thanks
    Mike..

Comment

I am using 10% app unleaded mixed with the veg oil. Feel safer using petrol, as at least it shouldn't rot any pipes etc, which maybe too much white spirit may do. As mentioned, have to assume everything is OK, if i am getting 40-50 more klms out of a tank full.
      Philip
      Still Searching,
      Dick Whittington

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
        I am using 10% app unleaded mixed with the veg oil. Feel safer using petrol, as at least it shouldn't rot any pipes etc, which maybe too much white spirit may do. As mentioned, have to assume everything is OK, if i am getting 40-50 more klms out of a tank full.
        Philip
        how much Phil for a fuel cat for me?
        Any new ones you want to try...
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Tim

Call me on 0208 8969172 and we will see what we can do. Just as an update, started car midday, still a bit cold and started without any clatter at all. No more noisier than diesel.
          Philip

Originally posted by dirtydog
          how much Phil for a fuel cat for me?
          Any new ones you want to try...
          Still Searching,
          Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
          X