Brass Monkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass Monkeys

Well, the first heavy frost of the winter this morning. Did anyone else get one? I'm not in work today. But got up especially early to start my truck to see how she starts in it's first sharp frost. My glow plug light only stays on a split second, and I was wondering how she would start, considering this can't be no where near long enough for the glow plugs to heat up properly. But, she started immediately. Just hope she continues to start like this when it get's REALLY cold.

Yep, first bit of ice-s****ing for the season this morning for me too.

Yeah the glow plug light does go out very quickly, but if you wait a few seconds you can hear a click which I think is when the glow plugs have properly finished heating. Also on really cold mornings or if I ever have trouble starting a diesel I just go through the heating cycle a few times before trying to actually start.
    Last edited by codlord; 14 November 2005, 12:13.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

ist casualty reporting in.. a good frost, and dead batteries... 3 mile walk to work(well the dog was happy!) i got tomorrow off, now to find a mate to go battery shopping with.... anyone whistling 'walking in a winter wonderland' is liable to get slapped today..
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I landed @ Gatwick this morning with the cheery news it was 1 degree outside, having left Atlanta where it was about 22. The whole of Sussex looked white as we came in.
        Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
          I landed @ Gatwick this morning with the cheery news it was 1 degree outside, having left Atlanta where it was about 22. The whole of Sussex looked white as we came in.
          Not on the Delta flight - hope you got a better plane than I did, a 767 which had forgotten what legroom was !

Welcome back to Shivering Sussex

Trev
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            ist casualty reporting in.. a good frost, and dead batteries... 3 mile walk to work(well the dog was happy!) i got tomorrow off, now to find a mate to go battery shopping with.... anyone whistling 'walking in a winter wonderland' is liable to get slapped today..
            that's bad news mate - I just wish I could whistle anything!!
            Dave

Comment

Pretty heavy frost here too. Left for work at half eight, but still had a thick layer of ice over the surf.

She started first time, and I got to use the idle up button, which was rather cool.

Need to get a decent ice sc-raper though - ended up using a CD cover...
              [IMG]http://www.slate8.com/hiluxstuff/hilux-sig.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                Not on the Delta flight - hope you got a better plane than I did, a 767 which had forgotten what legroom was !

Welcome back to Shivering Sussex

Trev
                Don't hate me but technically I got a bed

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
                  Don't hate me but technically I got a bed
                  Now would I do that ?

[set's Hippo to kill MX5 & Peugoet mode]

Trev

PS give me a bell if Hippo can help while the SDV is in intensive care
                  Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                    Now would I do that ?

[set's Hippo to kill MX5 & Peugoet mode]

Trev

PS give me a bell if Hippo can help while the SDV is in intensive care
                    Thanks for the offer Trev

Comment

Working...
                    X