Oops! Surf sank on Salisbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyN
    The headlights are well underwater, any sort of throttle will swallow plenty of water.
    Yep, see what you mean now, i thought i knew where the air intake was, now i find it much lower..... And the air filter is sodden. Still the pipe after that was dry soon after i went in so it might have just got to the filter and starved it of air... :praying:

Better go to def-con 2 tony. I'm halfway to getting the injectors out to give it a crank, even that is a major undertaking for an amateur though, Why can't it be more like a boat engine, it's always just a case of unscrewing the injector, don't have to dismantle anything, it would have floated also i guess..... Fair warning, if your phone rings you might regret answering it.... I'll keep going for now though.
    PM ME IF YOU'RE SELLING A 2ND GEN 3.0TD...

Comment

Got the injectors out, cranked over OK and no water spurted from the holes, lots of pressure from each cylinder so I'm guessing no holes in pistons, injectors back in, fuel lines bled, fired it up and IT LIVES!!! Started OK and ticks over OK though not smoothly, dab of throttle didn't give a smooth rise in revs but there is life so there is hope! Think I'll get over to the technical section and pick some brains....

Comment

Gav being Gav decided that he'd better make sure that the puddle was still do-able for Surfs So we had a go this afternoon, after gate crashing a Land Cruiser meeting ...

http://media.putfile.com/The-Puddle
        Debs

Comment

Shocking! The first 2 times through he was a bit over to the side but the last pass, OK that was through the hole!!! Like your style!

Snorkel and what tires do i need? Bit more speed too

Comment

Originally posted by NeilT
            Snorkel and what tires do i need? Bit more speed too
            31/10.5/15 Mud terrain tyres. Gavs got cheapo remoulds bought ready fitted on the white eight spoke wheels, go to formula 4x4 for rough prices.

Oh and you need a little stupidity to add to that
            I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

Originally posted by Danno
              31/10.5/15 Mud terrain tyres. Gavs got cheapo remoulds bought ready fitted on the white eight spoke wheels, go to formula 4x4 for rough prices.

And what are you trying to say about my husband Dan?????
              Debs

Comment

Originally posted by Danno

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                X