No announcement yet.

calling all KITE Fliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in our village... Bob knows where we are and I'll PM you IIIrd.

Its actually run as a kind of club, but guests are welcome to come and try it out for free. I'll need to find out the next time the Kite Man will be there with all his kites - he's the guy to give you a lesson as he lives, breathes and sleeps kites. They are around up there most Sundays so we could arrange a mini meet...

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
      It's in our village... Bob knows where we are and I'll PM you IIIrd.

Its actually run as a kind of club, but guests are welcome to come and try it out for free. I'll need to find out the next time the Kite Man will be there with all his kites - he's the guy to give you a lesson as he lives, breathes and sleeps kites. They are around up there most Sundays so we could arrange a mini meet...

Can I play too? I'm self taught and have the scars to prove it! I could do with a bit of guidance.
      It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
        Can I play too? I'm self taught and have the scars to prove it! I could do with a bit of guidance.
        was just about to say me too and bang just been outbid on my first kite
        so its lets get ready to rumble
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
          was just about to say me too and bang just been outbid on my first kite
          so its lets get ready to rumble
          Have you thought about a 1.2M PKD Buster? There is an online kite shop that does PKD stuff with buy it now prices
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Have you thought about a 1.2M PKD Buster? There is an online kite shop that does PKD stuff with buy it now prices
            gizza link phil ta and wots PKD ??
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
              gizza link phil ta and wots PKD ??
              Thats the company that makes them. Their main business is making parachutes and paragliders. I forgot to mention. It's an eBay shop. Just put PKD Buster into search.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

i really thought my mate was pi$$ing about when he couldn't stand up to fly his kite (flexifoil traction kite 3m ish) but i had a go and it dragged me accross a field on my ass!... great fun!
                i just got some kinda stunt kite now that's pretty cool, but a bit boring!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

you guys should try kitesurfing one of these days !

Pops - that kite will work fine for your first. plenty of cheap begginer kites out there...then in a few months you'll end up on one of these -

hope you got broadband !

http://www.distinktivedesign.co.uk/movies/bksa.mov

a
                  latest version of quicktime required too....
                  Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Yep - I'm seeing Roy Wednesday so I'll find out if he has any more visitors days planned, and if not just try and arrange a sunday for us. It basically just a 16 acre field on a slight hill, which is all for us, and is mowed, rolled etc etc... sometimes you have it all to your self. There are no public, no dogs etc etc so noone else to worry about.
                    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X