light bulb paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• light bulb paint

ok guys, done the fog light mod into reverse light.

cant get red bulb.

can someone please tell me what they painted there bulb with and where to get it from.

tryed nail varnish, but started smocking when lit for a few minutes.

mant thanks scotty

Originally posted by scotty

cant get red bulb.

can someone please tell me what they painted there bulb with and where to get it from.

mant thanks scotty
    Hi, why not just paint the inside of the lens red? oh good shot sir

Comment

Neon bulb paint... from -

trillogy ltd
      tingewick road ind pk
      buckingham
      mk18 1su

tel: 01280 822865

i got it from les smiths!... you pait it on, then sick bulb in oven for 5 mins for it to go hard!

did look a bit pink though!

try going for some LED lamps... much better!!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        Neon bulb paint... from -

trillogy ltd
        tingewick road ind pk
        buckingham
        mk18 1su

tel: 01280 822865

i got it from les smiths!... you pait it on, then sick bulb in oven for 5 mins for it to go hard!

did look a bit pink though!

try going for some LED lamps... much better!!
        gotta drink lots of beer for that bit me thinks
        I painted the lense it easier
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

cant get red bulb.

mant thanks scotty
          Hi Scotty

Go to halfords they sell red heat paint I think it's about £8 a tin and just dip the bulbs in it and leave to dry I did mine about 12 months ago with no probs.

Hope this helps.

Steve.
          The wheels on my Surf go round and round

Comment

On a similar subject, has anyone tried painting the outside of their lights to achieve colour coding with the body???

I bought some clear rear lenses from Tony and Linda (thanks guys I'm really chuffed with them), and I wondered if it would be possible to paint them (preferrably spray them, with a translucent (oooh that's a bihg word for me) paint that matches my body colour, of the car that is, which incidentally is blue, being the best colour of course - goes faster, looks better - and is scientifically proven!!
            Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

cant get red bulb.

mant thanks scotty
              I got some glass paint from the big art and craft chain can't think of the name at the moment Doh!
              only a small jar but plenty for lots of bulbs no probs in use and only a couple of quid

Comment

Got mine from a local model shop. Small tins of humbrol! Only about £2
                I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

thanks for that guys.

the guy in my local auto place is on the case. he can give me a 5w red bulb to suit, only thing is, would this be bright enough? as the one i was going to paint is 18w.

i'll find out on thursday if he can get the correct one in red. if not i'll get me some of that paint you guys are recomending.

thanks again scotty

Comment

Had the same problem. Don't use any form of cellulose or enamel based paint as it will burn. Go to your local hobby store and they should sell special glass paint/dye that comes from Germany or Italy. I found a complete range, dozens of reds yellows oranges etc. About £3 a small pot.

Dip your bulb in it, let it drain then put it in a low oven for 5 mins to harden. I made a small metal stand so that the bulb didn't touch anything. Hey presto a first class job its been in the rear lights for 2 months and its perfect.

On my first attempt it was too pink so I gave them a second coat and its better than ever.

Comment

Hobbycraft do glass paint in a number of colours
                      Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Working...
                      X