Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surfer

Hi all,
    Always liked Hilux surf and got me one today. Just off the boat its a 2.4 ssr-x new tyres and the bizzo.

One thing i noticed already is the automatic box has no indicator in the dark! All other autos i ever had in the past used to illuninate around the shifter in the dark. Should my surf do this or not?

Also it has sun roof as well as air con, it the ssr-x top spec? it seems to have plenty of toys.

Al.
    I used to have a surf me!

Originally posted by phoebelala
    Hi all,
    Always liked Hilux surf and got me one today. Just off the boat its a 2.4 ssr-x new tyres and the bizzo.

One thing i noticed already is the automatic box has no indicator in the dark! All other autos i ever had in the past used to illuninate around the shifter in the dark. Should my surf do this or not?

Also it has sun roof as well as air con, it the ssr-x top spec? it seems to have plenty of toys.

Al.

hi and welcome it may just be the bulb blown or loose wire but someone else will prob give you a definate answer
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yes, the auto indicator is lit and yes the bulb has probably gone. As for spec, no, SSR-G is supposed to be top spec but the nips order all sorts of extras when new so no two are ever the same.
      Mike G

Comment

Congratulations, we said today... no matter what, we cannot possibly imagine ever driving anything else!!!

Have fun!

Nx
        Naomi
        AKA - Mamadwyvin
        www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
          Hi all,

Al.

Yep, The bulb has probably blown. You can get replacements at any motor spares place, it's a tiny glass bulb that just pushes into the holder under the gear position indicator. Be warned though, it's not a five minute job to replace as you have to remove the gear stick suround and move the centre consol to get that out!

Oh and Hi Newbie!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Yep, The bulb has probably blown. You can get replacements at any motor spares place, it's a tiny glass bulb that just pushes into the holder under the gear position indicator. Be warned though, it's not a five minute job to replace as you have to remove the gear stick suround and move the centre consol to get that out!

Oh and Hi Newbie!

It'll look lovely when its done though! Just like Christmas
            Naomi
            AKA - Mamadwyvin
            www.greenhands.co.uk

Comment

Thanx for the welcome and advise, I think some one has already had an abandoned attempt as the plastic gear surround is loose, will check it out today.

Comment

Welcome Phoebelala to surfizum......We got you now,you cant run and you cant hide,once you've owned a surf you can never go back they get in your blood,and the grin goes on for ever.

and our dirty weekends are the cleanest dirty weekends you can have.
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                  Welcome Phoebelala to surfizum......We got you now,you cant run and you cant hide,once you've owned a surf you can never go back they get in your blood,and the grin goes on for ever.

and our dirty weekends are the cleanest dirty weekends you can have.
                  Thanx 4 the welcome!
                  Just looked at my first post for the hell of it. Blimey, 2 months into surf ownership and well hooked!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Working...
                  X