tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres

just bought some used chrome steel wheels off flea bay ( sorry if i bid against a member on here) and know need some seriously cheap and seriously off road tyres any ideas on prices and from where.
    hoping for 31's or 32's x10.5 or 11.5 x 15''
    cheers
    john
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Here you go John! http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/
    http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/greenway-tyres.html

I bought four mud terrains from here last year £180 delivered.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 10 November 2005, 23:26.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Here you go John! http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/
      http://www.sowdentyres.co.uk/greenway-tyres.html

I bought four mud terrains from here last year £180 delivered.
      cheers vince the greenways macho look
      good wot did you get?
      31x10.5x15 is there an exact metric version as i cannt understand why they use metric and imperial or is it an american thing!!!
      will be needing some 80%+ road tyres for the std alloys soon aswell, but they will have to wait as i'm a little snobish on road tyres as i want to look after my baby and the family in her.
      the bfg a/t's she wears at the mo are cr@p in the wet on road and only so so off road deffinatley a compromise, mind you when towing off road they come into there own then, don't need 4 wheel drive selected half the time.
      by the way did you sell your aircon bits??

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
        just bought some used chrome steel wheels off flea bay ( sorry if i bid against a member on here) and know need some seriously cheap and seriously off road tyres any ideas on prices and from where.
        hoping for 31's or 32's x10.5 or 11.5 x 15''
        cheers
        john

Try rough trax they have an offer on general grabbers at present
        [URL=www.toyotahilux.com
        www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
          cheers vince the greenways macho look
          good wot did you get?
          31x10.5x15 is there an exact metric version as i cannt understand why they use metric and imperial or is it an american thing!!!
          will be needing some 80%+ road tyres for the std alloys soon aswell, but they will have to wait as i'm a little snobish on road tyres as i want to look after my baby and the family in her.
          the bfg a/t's she wears at the mo are cr@p in the wet on road and only so so off road deffinatley a compromise, mind you when towing off road they come into there own then, don't need 4 wheel drive selected half the time.
          by the way did you sell your aircon bits??

I have 31/10.5/r15. But now I've got a three inch suspension lift, I wanna get 33/12.5/15. or there abouts, but 18 months on and I've still got loads of tread left. Theres nothing wrong with modern remolds, different technology in their manufacture these days, I trust them.
          I've still got the air con gubbins, but I was holding it all for another forum member but I haven't heard anything from him in seven or eight weeks so I've emailed him to find out if he still wants it. I've emailed Gwyn to let him know whats happening.

Comment

[QUOTE=ianwoodzie]Try rough trax they have an offer on general grabbers at present
            [URL=www.toyotahilux.com[/QUOTE]
            thanks for that but im after something more mud terrain and not a bfg copy,
            but reply is still appreciated
            cheers
            john

Comment

I have 31/10.5/r15. But now I've got a three inch suspension lift, I wanna get 33/12.5/15. or there abouts, but 18 months on and I've still got loads of tread left. Theres nothing wrong with modern remolds, different technology in their manufacture these days, I trust them.
              I've still got the air con gubbins, but I was holding it all for another forum member but I haven't heard anything from him in seven or eight weeks so I've emailed him to find out if he still wants it. I've emailed Gwyn to let him know whats happening.
              I had a remould on a trailer I bought recently, the tyre was not even a week old and it completely destroyed itself on the way home from Brick Kiln farm.
              I know its a different situation but ill never be buying any for road use.
              Tim
              Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

cheers for that my intentions are 2 sets of wheels and tyres (something for the weekend) remoulds for offroad and big name for grip and safety.
                can you get decent road tyres that are the same profile as 31's.
                your 3'' is that just by using landcruiser springs'
                the mini is still in a stagnent state by the way.
                questions questions questions

Comment

I had Toyo Tranpath tyres fitted when I bought the truck, good brand and they were about 60% on road, 40% off.
                  RE: the lift, yep just got to get some balljoint spacers to lift the front a bit more though.
                  My mini is on hold too at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                    I had a remould on a trailer I bought recently, the tyre was not even a week old and it completely destroyed itself on the way home from Brick Kiln farm.
                    I know its a different situation but ill never be buying any for road use.
                    Where did you get it from? was a 'new' remould?

Comment

[QUOTE=dirtydog]I had a remould on a trailer I bought recently, the tyre was not even a week old and it completely destroyed itself on the way home from Brick Kiln farm.
                      I know its a different situation but ill never be buying any for road use.[/QUOTE
                      i have my douts on remoulds as about 20 years ago i had a set of colway m/s on a rear wheel drive cavalier and one let go big time on a dual carriage way, mind you to be fair i was pushsing it a bit but once the trust has been broken,,,

Comment

the colways i had were good... got really bady cut and still went on!... think they've changed the way they do it these days... used to just glue a new tread on!... but now they just use the carcass and completely renew the outer.

they're only rated up to 100mph and i'd imagine that's the MAXIMUM!! i.e. try not to get close!
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                        X