Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Sat Nav systems?

Hi all,

As some of you will know I'm on the look out for a Surf and some I've seen on ebay & auto trader have a Jap Sat Nav system on board.

Question is, can they be converted to UK use? if so who does it or is just a matter of replacing a CD, hang on a mo, there's one in the back of 'er indoors Avensis.

Sniggering with fingers crossed.

TTFN,
    Mike.

Originally posted by Ironhorse
    Hi all,

As some of you will know I'm on the look out for a Surf and some I've seen on ebay & auto trader have a Jap Sat Nav system on board.

Question is, can they be converted to UK use? if so who does it or is just a matter of replacing a CD, hang on a mo, there's one in the back of 'er indoors Avensis.

Sniggering with fingers crossed.

TTFN,
    Mike.
    if you do a search on here you will find more info on this but to put it simply no they wont work in this counrty and there isent anything to make them work even the jap radio will only pick up radio two without a band expander
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
      if you do a search on here you will find more info on this but to put it simply no they wont work in this counrty and there isent anything to make them work even the jap radio will only pick up radio two without a band expander

D'oh!

Comment

i have looked at the forum and a majority of people seem to think that you can`t change the sat nav to english ,but someone mentioned that an imported soarer had been converted to english and that if he could have a surf for a few days then he would look at converting that aswell
        i hope he can cos i`d love to use it..
        guess we just have to be patient as there are more and more imports coming in and somebody must be able to do it...i hope

Comment

Working...
        X