Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel in France

Hi all
    has anyone found a way to (legally) get fuel in france after 19.00 hrs or on sundays
    auto pumps only take french credit cards, so all these 24/24 unmanned stations are as much use as a chocolate fire screen
    We found that we ran out of derv before running out of france. any help would be apreciated, perhaps someone has got themselves a french c/card and can tell me who, how, costs etc
    last time over got stuck in Calais on Sunday, it was closed - no cite europe, garages
    I presume I will get the normal anti france - french sugestions but would welcome any help as I have to go over on business and fuel is proving to be a problem
    Ta!
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Originally posted by fatfires
    Hi all
    has anyone found a way to (legally) get fuel in france after 19.00 hrs or on sundays
    auto pumps only take french credit cards, so all these 24/24 unmanned stations are as much use as a chocolate fire screen
    We found that we ran out of derv before running out of france. any help would be apreciated, perhaps someone has got themselves a french c/card and can tell me who, how, costs etc
    last time over got stuck in Calais on Sunday, it was closed - no cite europe, garages
    I presume I will get the normal anti france - french sugestions but would welcome any help as I have to go over on business and fuel is proving to be a problem
    Ta!
    I spent last week in France and found the best (only) option was to plan ahead, keep an eye on the fuel level and when it got between the 1/2 - 1/4 tank mark I topped up at the next pump I came to.

This was learnt the hard way after getting to an auto pump about 8.30pm on a Sunday night with the fuel warning light well & truly on only to find it wouldn't take my Visa card. ....fortunately a VERY kind french chap was filling up at the next pump and we managed to communicate enough so I paid him the cash and used his card to fill up

I know someone with a French card and even that's been rejected before, maybe the machines are anti-Brit ????

Comment

Originally posted by simon_thesaint
      I spent last week in France and found the best (only) option was to plan ahead, keep an eye on the fuel level and when it got between the 1/2 - 1/4 tank mark I topped up at the next pump I came to.

This was learnt the hard way after getting to an auto pump about 8.30pm on a Sunday night with the fuel warning light well & truly on only to find it wouldn't take my Visa card. ....fortunately a VERY kind french chap was filling up at the next pump and we managed to communicate enough so I paid him the cash and used his card to fill up

I know someone with a French card and even that's been rejected before, maybe the machines are anti-Brit ????
      So far my tally has been
      1 simillar to you but a verrrrrry nice young lady
      2 stranded 2am deserted motorway services - kipped in an over filled motor - megga cramp!!
      3 the calais interlude
      it's fine and dandy to plan ahead, but if you are toppers at 7pm and trucking overnight -derv gone before attendants arrive at garages in the am
      have been giving HSBC a hard time to get me a french card (carte blue?) through the international side but have hit a stone wall thus far - Bl00dy bankers.
      RAC no help, so have come to the fountain of all knowledge..................... ..
      Did I mention I have a BLUE one
      Tony

Comment

all the fun of the fally-cally rally!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X