No announcement yet.

330 miles to tank full!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, go on! I was waiting for you to appear in the thread!

Originally posted by AndyLala
    shall I?

No I won't...
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
      shall I?

No I won't...
      Is Shaun paying ??

I would LOVE to see the look on the Forecourt Seller's face when you fill that car up

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        Is Shaun paying ??

I would LOVE to see the look on the Forecourt Seller's face when you fill that car up

Trev
        I bet they think you've parked an artic up
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
          Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.....Who was it that said "its ok m8 I'm getting a set of sidesteps cheap" when he was shown a set on e-bay.
          Still I surpose you got to save your pennies for when the bodywork repair bill comes in.
          why pay top dollar when you can get same cheaper?? so money saved goes towards project rollcage so no more bent steps or sure so there YAR BOO
          bunny can i join your off road chapter with the vagrants please
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

I am currently averaging between 900 and 1000km a tankfull... (560mile to 600mile per 110 litres [24mpg give or take on a good day])

Yes it is painful to fill up, mainly 'cos the majority of hte pumps only go to 100ltrs, so you have to go in pay, come out fill again, (irate people queuing behind...) go in again, pay again... job done.

But it does mean I can pick an chose where I get the fuel... almost. I saw 91.9 in Portsmouth this week... Its still 98.9 round west oxfordshire...
            And everyother day means an extra 15 minutes in bed...

PS. I also spend a lot of time tracking down the pumps that don't stop at 100ltrs... most forecourts have one.

And yes the staff do start looking round expecting to see an artic.
            Last edited by AndyLala; 11 November 2005, 11:52.

Comment

I've managed to go from Hull to Achiltibuie just across from the Western Isles on the mainland in Scotland on a full tank of diesel. Roughly 12 hours driving.Wasn't heavy on the right foot. Girlfriend was though!!

Comment

On an average top up of 50 ltrs I manage 550km, I think thats about 28.1 mpg, for a two tonne bungalow on wheels not too bad.

If I try, (like driving back from Dr Anglegrinders with new front brakes) I can manage a healthy 34-35mpg.

Manual gearbox makes a difference
                Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Gtdog
                  On an average top up of 50 ltrs I manage 550km, I think thats about 28.1 mpg, for a two tonne bungalow on wheels not too bad.

If I try, (like driving back from Dr Anglegrinders with new front brakes) I can manage a healthy 34-35mpg.

Manual gearbox makes a difference
                  tell me its not true!
                  my speedo is out so thats my excuse
                  Tim
                  Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

It's down hill all the way to the coast innit?

Comment

Working...
                    X