RZN185 info for nowt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RZN185 info for nowt!

From a petrol head to others who may have dabbled or are about to dabble with a 2.7 petrol...I share my knowledge gained over the last 4 weeks with thee:

Spark plugs set of 4 NGK BKR5EYA, £12.69 delivered next day Spark-plugs.co.uk
    Air filter TOYOTA Stealership Part 17801-35020-83 £12.78+VAT
    Oil Type Semi synthetic 10-40W (recommended) or 5-40W (top protection) capacity 4.5 litres
    Oil filter, search NIPPONNEV on e-bay £5.25 delivered.
    MPG - currently running at 24.5 (manual gearbox). Aiming for 26-27 and have yet to tweak and grease up, oils, etc.
    CD workshop manual (I find it helpful) - Internet, R & K Cars £10 delivered
    Rear stop/brake light combi 21W/5W capless bulb (for any 3rd gen) pack of 2 Consumabulbs.com £5.90 delivered. Fits fine did 1 tonight.
    NO Timing belt Twin chains for DOHC

Maybe I'm wasting my time, maybe not but I'll keep posting info as I find out the best deals, etc..hey and I'm a Yorkshireman in Scotland so they dont come tighter than that

Useful??

You decide

I'll post some piccies soon
    ------------------------------------
    Look out! Ee

Vince, a few more useful part numbers

WOW!! How ahead of his time was he?!

Yes, I know the thread is 5 years old, but this guy had a 2.7 way back then!!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      WOW!! How ahead of his time was he?!

Yes, I know the thread is 5 years old, but this guy had a 2.7 way back then!!
      Im not sure,but you seem to be reasonably happy about having a surf again andy.
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Hehehe, does it show?

I've spent a few hours today building a cross reference spreadsheet of service parts which I'll offer to Matt for his database when its complete.

Just preparing the ground for the rush of RZN owners as those dirty, old fashioned, underpowered diesels blow off the last of their aging cylinder heads in the next few years.

Comment

hehehehe!! Nippon Nev!

Comment

Got an original Toyota oil filter for £8 off eBay. Nae bad. What oil you been using Vince? I still get my GT4OC discount at Opie, so I was thinking of treating her to something decent.

Comment

Got an original Toyota oil filter for £8 off eBay. Nae bad. What oil you been using Vince? I still get my GT4OC discount at Opie, so I was thinking of treating her to something decent.
              LOL, Opie oils are great, they sponser and do great deals for oil on a Scooby Legacy forum I use.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hehehe, does it show?

I've spent a few hours today building a cross reference spreadsheet of service parts which I'll offer to Matt for his database when its complete.

Just preparing the ground for the rush of RZN owners as those dirty, old fashioned, underpowered diesels blow off the last of their aging cylinder heads in the next few years.
                Seriously, what is better about the 2.7 petrol, don't think I've ever even seen one. Be intersting to watch what starts blowing on your petrol, could it be that they don;t have a rep for a particular fault only because there are not that many about?

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                  Seriously, what is better about the 2.7 petrol, don't think I've ever even seen one. Be intersting to watch what starts blowing on your petrol, could it be that they don;t have a rep for a particular fault only because there are not that many about?

Cheers

Ben

Do a Google search for 3RZ-FE engines, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Comment

Hehehe, does it show?

Some engine info...
                    http://www.markofshame.com/fsm/01_Ta...manual/119.pdf

Some mega tuned 3RZ-FE's.........
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_D View Post
                      Seriously, what is better about the 2.7 petrol,
                      Just winding up the diesel owners, thats all.

I've had both BTW, the petrol is 'nicer' by far.

Comment

Especially when,with regards to cylinders,you have eight of them.
                        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I know the petrol engine is going to need work to make it waterproof, and isn't as torquey as the diesel low down, but on the up side, its quieter, smoother, more powerful, far more modern a design (doesn't necessarily make it better, granted) and seems more fuel efficient than the 3.0TD.

Comment

I know the petrol engine is going to need work to make it waterproof, and isn't as torquey as the diesel low down, but on the up side, its quieter, smoother, more powerful, far more modern a design (doesn't necessarily make it better, granted) and seems more fuel efficient than the 3.0TD.

It's only the alternator that needs waterproofing (wading proof) It has COP ignition so no distributor junk to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                            X