customs officer visit this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• customs officer visit this morning

Had customs officer visit home this morning, following on from a phone call I received from Glasgow office. Pleasant chap, who came over from Elgin.
    He had a look at vehicle - fuel cat etc and Jerrycans of veg oil.
    Asked me what the mods did, how I first heard about running on veg oil, how much I used in tank, where did I mix it with diesel i.e. in tank.
    He also wanted to see evidence of accounting.
    I also discussed with him the changes in duty rate etc. He had been browsing websites including the "http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/" and looking on forums to see "what people said about customs".
    I gave him some reading material on why vegoil in many peoples opinion should be worthy of lower rate, showed him details of why the vegoil met specification.
    Very open chap, and said this was what the policy people had come up with, but basically said you have done the correct thing registering as a fuel subsitute producer for time-being, but hang-on and see what happens to the rate of duty.
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Originally posted by andycook
    Had customs officer visit home this morning, following on from a phone call I received from Glasgow office. Pleasant chap, who came over from Elgin.
    He had a look at vehicle - fuel cat etc and Jerrycans of veg oil.
    Asked me what the mods did, how I first heard about running on veg oil, how much I used in tank, where did I mix it with diesel i.e. in tank.
    He also wanted to see evidence of accounting.
    I also discussed with him the changes in duty rate etc. He had been browsing websites including the "http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/" and looking on forums to see "what people said about customs".
    I gave him some reading material on why vegoil in many peoples opinion should be worthy of lower rate, showed him details of why the vegoil met specification.
    Very open chap, and said this was what the policy people had come up with, but basically said you have done the correct thing registering as a fuel subsitute producer for time-being, but hang-on and see what happens to the rate of duty.
    hi there does useing veg oil not damage your engine / injecters or anything else. if not how do i go about useing it.
    thanks

Comment

check out the "sticky" near top of this General forum - "thinking about using veg oil"
      Landcruiser Colorado
      Sub. Forester

Comment

Fingers Crossed

Lets hope you get the lower rate, otherwise many people on the higher rate will only declare less, so making criminals out of people who don't want to be.
        Over the months, i have tried to help some people to fill in their forms correctly. Unfortunately, there is no CORRECTLY any more, so find it impossible to help people. So far i am still on lower rate, but for how long, who knows.
        Still running my car on veg and petrol and ocassionally some diesel, although as i need MOT in next couple of days, now running on diesel, just in case engine gets cold while waiting.
        Rgds Philip
        Still Searching,
        Dick Whittington

Comment

Working...
        X