Getting alarm fitted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting alarm fitted

My surf doesn't have an alarm or immobiliser fitted and i don't need one for insurance purposes.
    However, I would like to get an alarm and possibly an immobiliser fitted with remote central locking but not at thatcham approved prices.
    What would be the best bet on an alarm up to 150 quid or am do I need to pay more?

Depends on how much you love your Surf ???

Alarms arn't going to stop anyone from breaking into your vehicle, But its a deterrant.
    I would look more closer into the Immobiliser and how many points of immobilisation it has.

I payed over £400:00 for a That 1 Cobra fitted on the Cozzie and got it transferred onto the Surf for £140.00 when i locked the cozzie up off road. The Cozzie has a tracker installed which i still keep up with the Monitoring Installments. Its not going to be on the road now for at least another 5 years so i transferred the alarm off it onto the Surf. The Cozzie is still covered by the tracker if it gets nicked and the garage is alarmed but i thought it was a damn good alarm going to waste.

But it depends on how far you wanna go. Mine has Tilt sensor, Total Closure, 5 Point Immob, (Not that i thought there was five points to Immobilize) Panic facility, Remote locking and pager system up to 1.5 mile radius that i carry on my keys.

You can get the likes of Sparkrite or Gemini for around the £150 mark, Its the Immobilizer you pay the money for . You could even get a cheaper alarm.

But look more into the Immob side of things

I also have a Mulit-lock on the surf. Visual Deterrant is always the best.

At the end of the day , If they wanna nick it ........They will !!!
    !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant 1

I also have a Mulit-lock on the surf.
      is that like a redneck hair do theft deterrent?
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

LOL LOL, I had a little few too many. I meant Mul-T-Lock LOL
        !!! I'M THE ONE YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ferretmanabu
          My surf doesn't have an alarm or immobiliser fitted and i don't need one for insurance purposes.
          However, I would like to get an alarm and possibly an immobiliser fitted with remote central locking but not at thatcham approved prices.
          What would be the best bet on an alarm up to 150 quid or am do I need to pay more?
          i had a thatcham approved alarm/immobiliser with central locking and panic thingy... i paid £189, the guy came to the house and fitted it, demo afterwards, think he was from carphilly....i even made him a cuppa
          i'd rather pay the extra and some1 who no's how 2 fit em...lotta wires
          lets go get dirty...

Comment

that seems very cheap for thatcham approved. I'm assuming yours is cat 1 as you have both alarm and immobiliser.
            All the places i can see on the net are charging around the 300 mark. Anyone know of cheaper places?

thanks for the resposne.

Comment

that seems very cheap for thatcham approved. I'm assuming yours is cat 1 as you have both alarm and immobiliser.
              All the places i can see on the net are charging around the 300 mark. Anyone know of cheaper places?

thanks for the resposne.
              i think mines a toad????? insurance people were happy so i was happy
              here's the ad in the local rag....but u live a bit far, he's got a list of places he travels 2.... i think the furthest is chepstow. mayb give him a ring and meet him half way, they ain't dodgy or anythin like that.. their ads in the paper every wk and it was nearly 2yrs since i had mine fitted, i was happy and it was cheap
              Attached Files
              lets go get dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by shelly
                i think mines a toad????? insurance people were happy so i was happy
                here's the ad in the local rag....but u live a bit far, he's got a list of places he travels 2.... i think the furthest is chepstow. mayb give him a ring and meet him half way, they ain't dodgy or anythin like that.. their ads in the paper every wk and it was nearly 2yrs since i had mine fitted, i was happy and it was cheap

Thats cheap for a Toad Ai606. It's a Cat1 Thatcham approved Alarm/Immob. The guy is offering it at £250. They are £380 fitted up here.

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                  Thats cheap for a Toad Ai606. It's a Cat1 Thatcham approved Alarm/Immob. The guy is offering it at £250. They are £380 fitted up here.

That is really cheap, I had a toad 101 cl fitted by these guys:

http://www.caralarmuk.com/acatalog/T...y_Systems.html

They are good but cannot compete with that dude. They do however travel anywhere in the country.
                  Cheers
                  Windsurfer

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. Very helpful. I'll be getting one fitted once I got enough cash.

Comment

Alarm Fitted

Thanks for the replies guys. Very helpful. I'll be getting one fitted once I got enough cash.
                      I had a Toad alarm fitted with central locking by a bloke who fitted my Mp3 player, and a good price.

I feel sure he would cover the Leicestershire area and I will PM the details if you need them.

I said I would Sing his praises if I could as he did a really good job.

regards

Steve

Comment

Thanks Steven. Could you please email me the details?
                        My email is ferretmanabu@hotmail.com

I don't seem to have PM facility.

Comment

Working...
                        X