Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

Hi . .

I've just joined the gang by buying a 3.0L TD 1994 SSSR-X auto. It's just been imported and I'm now the proud 1st owner in the UK. It's Burgundy over Grey and has plenty of chrome and nice alloys.
    I picked her up on Saturday (in Blackpool) after a horrific 7hr train journey. Drove back to Devon yesterday - and it was a dream. So comfortable, and the hills were effortless. Good MPG too for a big 3L.
    It took 6 hrs to drive back (including 2 stops) and I just wanted to carry on driving . . .
    The car's in near mint condition (just a few little minor scratches) and looks as if it's been well looked after by only one japanese owner. I've got loads of paperwork with it (which I can't understand), and its even got the original toolkit.
    To say I'm impressed is an under statement. She's a real beauty and I think I'm in love.
    Not only that, but I managed to haggle the price down to £3950, so I reckon that was a pretty good buy. I've tested all the electrics and the 4x4 etc, all working perfectly. I'm getting an immobilizer fitted on Thursday (because the insurers said I had to) and I'll probably get the cam belt looked at.

It's nice to be a member of the forum ! cheers,

Steve
    Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

hopefully, here's a piccie

Comment

sorry, there's no MUD on it yet . . .

Comment

Woo Hoo! You got a burgundy one. welcome to the posh side!

Comment

Originally posted by mapman
          Hi . .

I've just joined the gang by buying a 3.0L TD 1994 SSSR-X auto. It's just been imported and I'm now the proud 1st owner in the UK. It's Burgundy over Grey and has plenty of chrome and nice alloys.
          I picked her up on Saturday (in Blackpool) after a horrific 7hr train journey. Drove back to Devon yesterday - and it was a dream. So comfortable, and the hills were effortless. Good MPG too for a big 3L.
          It took 6 hrs to drive back (including 2 stops) and I just wanted to carry on driving . . .
          The car's in near mint condition (just a few little minor scratches) and looks as if it's been well looked after by only one japanese owner. I've got loads of paperwork with it (which I can't understand), and its even got the original toolkit.
          To say I'm impressed is an under statement. She's a real beauty and I think I'm in love.
          Not only that, but I managed to haggle the price down to £3950, so I reckon that was a pretty good buy. I've tested all the electrics and the 4x4 etc, all working perfectly. I'm getting an immobilizer fitted on Thursday (because the insurers said I had to) and I'll probably get the cam belt looked at.

Steve
          Hi Steve,

Nice one, I'm hoping to get one soon and was interested that you thought it was ok on fuel for a 3.0ltr, what was the mpg?

Cheers,
          Mike.

Comment

Welcome to the nuthouse........cheeks sore from too much yet??

Comment

hopefully, here's a piccie

nice one and welcome.....shame about the colour tho!!!!!
              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
              Tony

Comment

That was predictable

Comment

nice truck there well done on getting a bargain and the red ones are good
                  good like the black ones
                  coz blacks the new blue and burgandy you know
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

welcome to the forum.i wont go and spoil it for you though and say you should of got a grey one.ooooops i just did.keep on
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

nice truck!!!

And the right colour!!! ignore the fools Burgundy ones are Quicker!!
                      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                        coz blacks the new blue and burgandy you know

He's right you know

Andy.

Comment

Its a very nice, clean and shiny looking vehicle. I reckon you got a good buy. I could live with it myself but lets face some facts. Unless youre buying a Ferrari, EVERYONE knows that you dont buy a red car, and BURGUNDY is well er, its RED. Only saving grace is that someone had at least a smidgeon of good taste and made the bottom bit grey.

If burgundy ( RED) is so wonderful, why is not all RED.

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                            That was predictable
                            didn't want to dissapoint!
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

Hi . .

Steve
                              Welcome to the forum Steve - top place to be for anyone who is serious about having a Surf. I don't think that you're in love yet. More like infatuation. True love will follow in a few months!!
                              Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Working...
                              X