X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPG & weight carry capacity?

Hi all,

Newbie online,

I'm thinking of getting a 3.0Ltr TD Surf (hopefully a SSR-G) and as it will have to be used for work occasionally I need to know what mpg I'm likely to get (all types of driving) and with the rear seats down what would be the maximum weight it could carry?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ahhh grasshopper - welcome to the board. take a search on MPG and all your questions will be answered - and can I just say I'm getting 24.7845 with a 50% vegoil mix
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
      Ahhh grasshopper - welcome to the board. take a search on MPG and all your questions will be answered - and can I just say I'm getting 24.7845 with a 50% vegoil mix

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit dissapointed to read 25mpg seems to be the best I can expect, I was hoping for 30mpg on a run. Sadly it will mean that I might have to reconsider buying a Surf.

Is it right that 2.4 is worse on fuel, as well as head problems?

Thanks,
      Mike.

Comment

yes and yes (and not as bad as it may appear)
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
          Draig, couldn't you be a little more acurate with your MPG!

Ironhorse, keep puting gear in the back til the front wheels lift or the tow bar touches -then take a little bit out
          Did I mention I have a BLUE one
          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
            Draig, couldn't you be a little more acurate with your MPG!

Ironhorse, keep puting gear in the back til the front wheels lift or the tow bar touches -then take a little bit out
            Sorry - but (seriously) the other day (on a run) I did get 27.458 MPG - not bad for a 2.4 ay?
            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse
              Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit dissapointed to read 25mpg seems to be the best I can expect, I was hoping for 30mpg on a run. Sadly it will mean that I might have to reconsider buying a Surf.

Is it right that 2.4 is worse on fuel, as well as head problems?

Thanks,
              Mike.
              I get around 30 mpg no sweat on long motorway runs.

Andy

Comment

I never measured it properly (if it bothered me that much I would have go a Smart car!) but unless the road is empty and you beetle along at 50 I would expect mid 20smpg. As far as weight is concerned they are sprung for comford not load carrying, budget for uprated rear springs if you dont want to wheelie all the time, great for reducing rolling resistance put plays havoc with the aerodynamics
                Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Mpg not so bad

Ironhorse, do not be put off. They are great fun and 25 mpg is great for a 3l 2 ton truck. If you do get one, shop around. Worcester road motors are very expensive! £8500 is alot for a 1996 ssrg.
                  Cheers
                  Windsurfer

Comment

Originally posted by windsurfer
                    Ironhorse, do not be put off. They are great fun and 25 mpg is great for a 3l 2 ton truck. If you do get one, shop around. Worcester road motors are very expensive! £8500 is alot for a 1996 ssrg.
                    Cheers
                    Windsurfer

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes WRM are expensive but handy for me to view, also the price on the screens isn't the final price, for example, they charge about £100 to change speedo over to mph and only offer a basic 3 month warrenty. I see spf in Wales have better offers, anyone on here delt with them?

Cheers for now,
                    Mike.

Comment

Working...
                    X