D'oh! Lost me filler cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'oh! Lost me filler cap

Heading up the motorway yesterday morning on our way to the north when I notice in my mirror that my fuel flap is open, think back, its only been 15 minutes since I left the filling station, did I replace the cap or leave it on the bumper? Stop and check and the answer is no damnit.

Ah well, stuck a temporary cap in, time to head for the breakers and see if one from a landcruiser or regular pick-up will fit....
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

lost mine months ago!!.... if you find it you can borrow it!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Morr
      Heading up the motorway yesterday morning on our way to the north when I notice in my mirror that my fuel flap is open, think back, its only been 15 minutes since I left the filling station, did I replace the cap or leave it on the bumper? Stop and check and the answer is no damnit.

Ah well, stuck a temporary cap in, time to head for the breakers and see if one from a landcruiser or regular pick-up will fit....
      Maurice.

Landcruiser 80 will fit, same cap.

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
        Maurice.

Landcruiser 80 will fit, same cap.
        Nice one - thanks
        Maurice

Comment

Hi Maurice,

Get a cap off of a Yaris. It comes with a neat little lead that will fit right into the little hole on the back of the filler flap so when you are filling up the cap just hangs off. Its a great little mod and it means you can't forget the cap.
          Pics will follow if needed.

Ciaran

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
            Hi Maurice,

Get a cap off of a Yaris. It comes with a neat little lead that will fit right into the little hole on the back of the filler flap so when you are filling up the cap just hangs off. Its a great little mod and it means you can't forget the cap.
            Pics will follow if needed.

Ciaran
            Hmm... I may check that out, I take it you've already done this on yours?
            I take it you have also had no luck selling it? As I said to you about a year back and as Jim has since said, I think you're asking for a bit more than the market will bear for a commercial. I have a mate looking for a Surf, but he can't go over 10k, which I doubt you'll let yours go for, otherwise I'd have him looking at yours!
            Maurice

Comment

Yeah, I have the yaris cap on mine. Works a treat.

A local garage has expressed interest in my surf. He said he'll take it off me for 15k if I buy something from him. So now I'm trying to decide on an '00/'01 Audi Allroad or a '00/'01 Surf.

Comment

Yeah, I have the yaris cap on mine. Works a treat.

A local garage has expressed interest in my surf. He said he'll take it off me for 15k if I buy something from him. So now I'm trying to decide on an '00/'01 Audi Allroad or a '00/'01 Surf.
                Well I wouldn't thank you for an allroad, and a 00/01 Surf would not be much of a change from your current one. Why not keep the one you have and go for the lift and other mods you were considering when you first go it?
                Its a good vehicle and if you are considering changing just to a newer one I personally don't see much point, you could to a lot of trick stuff to your existing one (lockers, lift, snorkel, ICE, winches, Recaros, the list goes on... ) and end up with a far better vehicle then a 00/01 one and still have cash in your pocket!
                Maurice

Comment

Well I wouldn't thank you for an allroad, and a 00/01 Surf would not be much of a change from your current one. Why not keep the one you have and go for the lift and other mods you were considering when you first go it?
                  Its a good vehicle and if you are considering changing just to a newer one I personally don't see much point, you could to a lot of trick stuff to your existing one (lockers, lift, snorkel, ICE, winches, Recaros, the list goes on... ) and end up with a far better vehicle then a 00/01 one and still have cash in your pocket!
                  Why don't you like the Allroad? I've never had an Audi but the Allroad looks good. 2.5 V6 TD, 4wd, 6speed, air adjustable suspension etc etc... I don't go offroad much anymore so I don't know about a tricked out rig...but it would be nice
                  I've got over 200k km's on the surf so it would be nice to get a fresher one

Comment

Why don't you like the Allroad? I've never had an Audi but the Allroad looks good. 2.5 V6 TD, 4wd, 6speed, air adjustable suspension etc etc... I don't go offroad much anymore so I don't know about a tricked out rig...but it would be nice
                    I've got over 200k km's on the surf so it would be nice to get a fresher one
                    Apart from the fact that until this years makeovers, I reckon Audi has been churning out amorphous blobs that looked blander than the worst jap creations of the 70's & 80's (comparing each against cars of same era's of course).
                    Personally I think they have been building some of the most characterless cars around, great build quality alright, but no character or driver appeal, boring to look at and drive, and that's just Audi in general, then the allroad adds a whole new brace of dislikes...

I should point out here that I'm just back from the dentists with a numb face and feeling grouchy ..... so not in the mood to be kind to cars I don't like .... and to say I'm picky about my cars would be an understatement.....

Anyway, it doesn't know what it is, I don't generally like soft-roaders, I know, I know, there is a market for them, and many people love em, but they're just not for me, I'd no more have a allroad than a cr-v or a freelander

Damn, just rolled a ciggie but my lips can't tell when the its there, keep suckin in my own lips

I hate dentists!
                    Maurice

Comment

Apart from the fact that until this years makeovers, I reckon Audi has been churning out amorphous blobs that looked blander than the worst jap creations of the 70's & 80's (comparing each against cars of same era's of course).
                      Personally I think they have been building some of the most characterless cars around, great build quality alright, but no character or driver appeal, boring to look at and drive, and that's just Audi in general, then the allroad adds a whole new brace of dislikes...

I should point out here that I'm just back from the dentists with a numb face and feeling grouchy ..... so not in the mood to be kind to cars I don't like .... and to say I'm picky about my cars would be an understatement.....

Anyway, it doesn't know what it is, I don't generally like soft-roaders, I know, I know, there is a market for them, and many people love em, but they're just not for me, I'd no more have a allroad than a cr-v or a freelander

Damn, just rolled a ciggie but my lips can't tell when the its there, keep suckin in my own lips

I hate dentists!
                      Don't really like them then do you!!!!!

Comment

Quality answer!

I hate dentists!
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
                        X