MOT Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Woes

Did my MOT last Friday and thought i would sail through having just put in new brake calipers and making sure all was ok, but i FAILED! Both my front lower balljoints apparently were gone, even though i had replaced the left one only two years ago (had done a lot of offroading since). Anyway Toyota wanted over 200 euro for the two. So tried J&S Autoparts in Clondalkin and they had two wich i got for 84 euro. Put them in over the weekend, so now nearly everthing except the steering box has been changed in the front end. I also failed on emissions cause it hadnt been driven much, but a good run up to Dublin on Sunday sorted that out (and some petrol in the tank). So, fingers crossed i have my retest on Sat, which he said he wouldnt charge me for!
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Mine's to go in for it's DOE this month as well Delboy, so fingers crossed here too...!

The Surf is gone into the garage for a T-belt, injector service and all diff and transmission fluid change. Should have it back on Thursday. €€€€€ ouch!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar
      Mine's to go in for it's DOE this month as well Delboy, so fingers crossed here too...!

The Surf is gone into the garage for a T-belt, injector service and all diff and transmission fluid change. Should have it back on Thursday. €€€€€ ouch!!
      OUch is right! Thankfully i do most stuff myself on it, so i save big $$$$! Best of luck wit yours!
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

My wife's SSR-G failed on the lower Idler arm bush £2-00 each so l replaced both top and bottom.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Woohoo! The guy was free today at 5.30 to do the recheck, and i passed. The limit on the emissions was 3.0 and my readings were all around the 0.5 mark. Yer man couldnt believe it was so smoke free. I think the EGR mod has somehting to do with it. I am a very happy bunny now and he didnt charge me for the retest. Well, it only took 5 minutes.
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
            Did my MOT last Friday
            saucy but hey its a forum
            tried J&S Autoparts in Clondalkin and they had two wich i got for 84 euro.
            they gave me 2 outer track rod ends which didnt fit and when i went back and looked up the catalogue with them its said nothing about surfs only hilux kingcabs and other ****e but nothing bout surfs. Obviously they've cleaned up their act as a result and you owe me pints

edit - who did the ****e to where I had written s h i t e
            Last edited by JimL; 2 September 2003, 21:41.

Comment

Didnt realise i'd done my Mot. Dont remember. Must have been really drunk.
              Derek :
              1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
                edit - who did the ****e to where I had written s h i t e
                its the auto-censoring of swear words. so you don't upset the kids.

$hite is an OK word in my book, hav'ta edit the words a bit, or turn it off!

We need to be able to 'express' ourselves! I bet Koi didn't say 'oh damn' when his head blew.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  its the auto-censoring of swear words. so you don't upset the kids.

$hite is an OK word in my book, hav'ta edit the words a bit, or turn it off!

We need to be able to 'express' ourselves! I bet Koi didn't say 'oh damn' when his head blew.
                  Yes he did!!!, only in slightly fewer words.

Cheers

Comment

Woohoo! The guy was free today at 5.30 to do the recheck, and i passed. The limit on the emissions was 3.0 and my readings were all around the 0.5 mark. Yer man couldnt believe it was so smoke free. I think the EGR mod has somehting to do with it. I am a very happy bunny now and he didnt charge me for the retest. Well, it only took 5 minutes.
                    Took the 4runner in, did the test, no worries, asked him about the brakes and the reply was "I can't check them as it constantly drives when I put it on the rolling road"
                    "???????????" says I "try disengaging the diff by putting it into Neutral then doing it again"
                    "done it now" he say "we'll check that next time"
                    Makes you kinda wonder................
                    NO WORRIES!
                    Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                      Took the 4runner in, did the test, no worries, asked him about the brakes and the reply was "I can't check them as it constantly drives when I put it on the rolling road"
                      "???????????" says I "try disengaging the diff by putting it into Neutral then doing it again"
                      Only one thing for it!
                      Derek :
                      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by rusty
                        tony did a post on this a while ago, 4wd, brakes and rolling roads what did you say tony i cant remember
                        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
                        [size=5][/size]
                        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Working...
                        X