Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedo question

Hello to all,

I've just read something that's got me worried!
    I recently bought a kzn-130 surf and replaced the speedo with a mph version, no problems, all working fine. However, I just read in one of the posts that I should have had the ignition on and clocks re-connected before I put the speedo needle back on. Is this right??
    I hope not as I've just been up & down the M6 thru lots of road works with average speed cameras, eek!

please share your knowledge
    cheers, Dave

i did the same, got set out of a 94 4runner and ive gone through loads of cameras without tripping them
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

yeah, so that it's set at zero properly... for a more acurate reading
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

easy way to check it is on the motorway, pull up along side something like a renault espace with a great big digital readout on the dash and compare speeds with it.. and give them a big toothless grin and they will accelerate and you can test it at all kinds of speeds!

and then there was this blue flashing light.................
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlee31
          easy way to check it is on the motorway, pull up along side something like a renault espace with a great big digital readout on the dash and compare speeds with it.. and give them a big toothless grin and they will accelerate and you can test it at all kinds of speeds!

and then there was this blue flashing light.................
          I recently changed my speedo face. I think as long as you put the needle of the sppedo back resting on the stop you should be ok. The rev counter would be obvious if you haven;t set it right. When I put mine on the needle shot straight round to 3000 revs without turning the engine over! As for the speedo accuracy, I have a S4 snooper, satalite controlled and the speeds are very accurate, so I know the sppedo is giving the correct readings.

Martin
          [FONT=Impact]I couldn't repair your brakes sir, so

Comment

Working...
          X