Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody explain

I know insurance has been discussed before but can anybody explain this

Ex insurance (direct Line) would not insure my Surf because of heavy tinted rear windows, even after quoting this site and members experiences, also speaking with supervisors was no good.

Tesco insured the surf, with the windows listed as blacked out, with no problems.

When the Tesco certificate arrived it said that Tesco insurance was provided by UK INSURANCE LIMITED .

UK INSURANCE is DIRECT LINE !!!!!!!!!!!

So I can't insure direct with Direct Line, only through a third party.
    Maybe they should drop the "DIRECT" from their name.

The explaination is easy, Insurance Co's don't know their arse from their elbow.

Just give them your money, and walk away amazed how the set up actually works at all with the clowns that are in charge!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      The explaination is easy, Insurance Co's don't know their arse from their elbow.

Just give them your money, and walk away amazed how the set up actually works at all with the clowns that are in charge!

Hear Hear, Tesco's wanted £1300 off me but Lifesure only neaded £530. and yet lots of surfers on this forum got their best quotes from Tesco, Go figure. I think they just make up the numbers and if you don't go for it someone else will, they're not bothered, they'll just get the next poor sap.

Steve TESCO
      Last edited by cheezygrinon; 30 November 2003, 02:17.

Comment

How about this then, in a recent article and on telly it was proved that the Time of day that you call can have a huge difference on your quote, so phone the same people several times and get fresh quotes.
        How much!

Comment

insurance

Hi playmates "liverpool Victoia" would not quote me last year on a 91 2.4 SSR-G for my wife, almost 12 months later they sent me a quote on the same car for £401 fully comp with all the little extras.
          l rang them up and said she has not got that Surf now she has a 92 2.4 SSR-G they came back with a quote of £374, and when l told them she was getting a 3rd Gen 3.0litre for Xmas they said it would be £321 work that out if you can.
          Live Life To The Full

Comment

Originally posted by Hilux
            Hi playmates "liverpool Victoia" would not quote me last year on a 91 2.4 SSR-G for my wife, almost 12 months later they sent me a quote on the same car for £401 fully comp with all the little extras.
            l rang them up and said she has not got that Surf now she has a 92 2.4 SSR-G they came back with a quote of £374, and when l told them she was getting a 3rd Gen 3.0litre for Xmas they said it would be £321 work that out if you can.
            "3rd Gen 3.0litre for Xmas" .....I feel bad now ,I,ve only got the missus a sweater .
            Must have some big stockings in your house Bob !
            Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Originally posted by Nige
              I know insurance has been discussed before but can anybody explain this

Ex insurance (direct Line) would not insure my Surf because of heavy tinted rear windows, even after quoting this site and members experiences, also speaking with supervisors was no good.

Tesco insured the surf, with the windows listed as blacked out, with no problems.

When the Tesco certificate arrived it said that Tesco insurance was provided by UK INSURANCE LIMITED .

UK INSURANCE is DIRECT LINE !!!!!!!!!!!

So I can't insure direct with Direct Line, only through a third party.
              Maybe they should drop the "DIRECT" from their name.
              OFFICIALDOM gone mad.
              Enjoying Life after Cancer
              Pops

Comment

Working...
              X