No announcement yet.

I love living here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh the F1-11 now that was a superb plane, one of my favourites.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
      Get quite a few over pompy to, Also seen some ships, They move em around
      every now and again to make it look like we got a navy, Dont tell anyone but
      i've herd a rumor their recommissioning the Victory,
      Ha Victory eh, I used to be the landlord of the Victory Pub in Southampton, glad to hear theyre gonna recommision the old place, mind you I,d never even heard theyed shut it down (87_90) Oh good shot sir

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
        Ahh the F1-11 now that was a superb plane, one of my favourites.

Andy.

mine just had to be the vulcan.......
        CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Over here at Biggin Hill gets exciting once a year at airshow time, except 2 weeks ago when a training flight crashed in the street opposite the runway, sadly 2 dead. Anyway on Chinooks, at this years airshow was I think the guru of all chinook driving, he had the back wheels on the runway and was "wheeling" at well over 45o, when the rear gate opened (so someone could direct him I suppose) and he reversed back down the runway for a few hundred yards.

This year was V noisy for a few days had eurofighter typhoons x2 based here, they get a bit loud, plus usual tornados, F16s, Jaguars, Hawks etc. Nipped down the field that runs parallel to the runway a few days before the show and watched the Lanc come in, lovely.

Best one so far was B17 flying over very very low a few years ago, she is not normally based here but was doing very low circuits one Saturday, no more than 300ft max. After circuit number 3 we were doing the front garden, stood up and gave a big wave as they approached for no 4, got a lovely wing waggle as they went overhead, well chuffed!
          Parts of your engine go up, stop then go back! Mm!

Comment

Used to be good staying up at the lakes as a kid,,,warton test ground over at preston etc...used to regularly get helicopters and Harriers flying over.

Recently saw a Eurofighter when I went to Blackburn office...boy is that noisy and the wind vertex you see coming of the wings and canards is spectacular..
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

errrr - sorry that's not quite true .....

Victory has never been de-commissioned - she's the oldest commissioned warship in the world and the flagship of the Second Sea Lord - my Staff Manager used to be her Captain !

Yea I know, I ment for active service, Anyway was only joking!
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

last year some 'friends' of mine organised a borrow of a dakota (mate is a pilot) to fly over to jersey for their liberation day celebrations. they even hired fancy dress and went as pilots/wrafs, landgirls(yikes) whatever. fantastic, liberation day is my birthday....
                or not. they didnt tell me till they got back. swines...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I live about 6 miles from RAF Benson. It's home to the new Merlin. I've been in plenty of Chinooks, when I was in the Army. But I think my favorite has to be the Huey. Went in one with the UN. Side doors open, looking out over the terrain, it nearly shakes itself apart because the rotors are so big. Nothing beats it!!

http://www.bellhelicopter.textron.co...bellHueyII.cfm

Comment

Working...
                  X