I love living here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love living here!

Just had a big ol' Chinnock fly overhead, looks like he was gonna hit the tree tops, doing a crab impression cos of the wind, then, just as he reached the end of the top field, it did a big old U turn, and came back right over the garage back from where it came!

To cool, stunning sight.

Funny thing is the horses and dogs didn't even bat an eyelid.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Maybe he wanted a head gasket change, but couldn't land in your field.

Comment

Or he was after a ball bearing for the EGR.

Comment

Probably picked up all the 4x4's on its radar and thought it was a secret base for 'you know who' (bloke with the beard who lives in a cave)
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Hmmm ....beard and cave ...its got to be Captain Cave man (a hanna barbera classic)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andy
            Maybe he wanted a head gasket change, but couldn't land in your field.
            well would you want all that horse dodo on your wheels
            Enjoying Life after Cancer
            Pops

Comment

oi... I resemble that remark...... beard and lives in a cave !!! pmsl

We get Chinooks and that new one.... apache thingy...... dont half make ya jump when one flys low, hedge hoping, great to watch.
              Who needs speed, People will always wait for me !

Comment

Get loads of them round here - chinnooks, apache, lynx, gazelle ..... not surprising really - Middle Wallop's 5 miles down the road !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

we get them in stoke as well... air ambulance and police chasing the asbo generation in a stolen nova mainly. ITS GREAT LIVING HERE

repeat until i believe....

Its great living here

its great living here
                  TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Get quite a few over pompy to, Also seen some ships, They move em around
                    every now and again to make it look like we got a navy, Dont tell anyone but
                    i've herd a rumor their recommissioning the Victory,
                    Last edited by POPEYE; 3 November 2005, 21:54.
                    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

they refuel helicopters on my secret route to tadley... sometimes can't get through... they just park a tanker in a field with a couple of fellas to hold the nozzle!.... think it's a training thing from Odiam?... that's probably where they come from for Tony's way
                      they've also got a commercail airliner service dept just outside Alton, so you probably get a few low planes over too (to the south a little)

i live just the other side of the valley to RAF greenham common, used to get the Galaxy's flying over, just managing to get 20ft above the chimneys!!... they were huge!!... good on airshow days, but cos of the cruise missiles they stopped all that when i was about 7!... damn tree hugging "peace" women!!
                      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Me in the "secret" cruise missile bunker!
                        Attached Files
                        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                          , Dont tell anyone but
                          i've herd a rumor their recommissioning the Victory,

errrr - sorry that's not quite true .....

Victory has never been de-commissioned - she's the oldest commissioned warship in the world and the flagship of the Second Sea Lord - my Staff Manager used to be her Captain !

Comment

I was once buzzed by a tornado , we were on the A35 on the hills inbetween Bridport and Dorchester, pretty frightening when they sneek up behind you and blast overhead at about 100ft, apparently they follow the main road on exercises ! I swear the navigator was reading a big red Dorset A-Z map

Anyone know if it's Farnborough airshow in 2006 ?

Andy.

Comment

In the early 80's we lived on Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides. I was driving home from work along the coast road one afternoon in our red cortina when a Bucaneer climbed UP from the beach directly over the car - the first I knew about it was when the car lurched to one side and tried to jump sideways into the ditch ! About 20 seconds later his oppo, an F1-11 I think, followed in his wake.

I'm not saying it was deliberate but it seemed a remarkable coincidence that their landfall just happened to coincide with the only bit of colour for about 5 miles ......

****** crabs !

Comment

Working...
                              X