Draig's mum - thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draig's mum - thanks

Thanks to all who sent their sympathies. It was much appreciated, believe me. (And a special big hug to Linda who has been in constant touch - appreciate it hun x x)

After two very painful weeks of visiting my mum in hospital which was extremely stressful simply seeing a brain-dead woman lying in a coma instead of my happy and smiling mum, the hospital, on 20th October, asked me if I objected to them refusing to administer medicine or aid to my mum.

Considering the state she was in, I agreed. We were informed she could carry on like this for weeks but the very next day, I received a phone call from the hospital asking me to get up there as soon as I could. Bearing in mind I had told them I lived an hour’s drive away and needed that much time to get there, they told me not to hurry as it was unlikely that she would survive much longer.

We arrived to find that she had died just 10 minutes after they called me – but they couldn’t give me an exact time as they hadn’t looked at the clock. So, I even missed being there for her at the end but at least she didn't know, small consolation but still not good enough.

Needless to say the family are devastated and although she had her funeral on Monday 31st October, we have to wait for the coroner’s inquest, next year, before all this will really be over. The hard part, for me, was writing her eulogy. Really is hard to see the keyboard with tears in your eyes.

Luckily, I was allowed to cremate mum so that I can scatter her ashes where my dad’s are scattered on the mountainside in Wales. Now I have to handle all the paperwork and clear her house which is stacked full of memories of both her and my dad.

The hospital has stolen an important member of my family from us and we miss her so much.

Dave

Draig,

Mere words cannot convey the sorrow of a situation such as this. You have all our sympathies and best wishes.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Sorry to hear your sad news Draig,

Please accept both mine and Penny's deepest sympathies

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

You've got an ugly little scotsman with a lump in his throat here. got me thinking about a special little lady(Ruth's mum) we lost 2 years ago and who's ashes are scattered in Dinas Dinlle.
        No words I can say will help but she will always be in your head and your heart.

Comment

What can I say? Sympathies and condolences may not be much help, but you have mine anyway.

Best regards
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

So Sorry Draig, My wife and i both send our deepest sympathy to you and your family, Love Ian and Rose
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Draig
              my deepest sympathies go out to you and your family.Tragic.

RobD