Struck Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struck Water

While im getting the garage ready so that the surf will fit in i deceided to
    break into the side of the pit i built into it a few years ago to build some steps, So i can climb in and out without shoveing the surf back and forth!
    Got through the concrete and clay OK then it started raining and in it started pouring, Pumped out about 100 gal after it pi**ed down other night, What
    am i gonna do? All suggestions rude or otherwise on the back of a blanc
    cheque made out to me.....I THANK YOU.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

A sump pump sounds and will do the trick... "machine mart I think" mony well spent?

Comment

Originally posted by gwyn
      A sump pump sounds and will do the trick... "machine mart I think" mony well spent?
      Hi mate, Ive got a Hippo pump, Could do with one with a float start (like the pub cellar ones) but will have a look at machine mart as you suggest,
      Many thanks Ian

Comment

LDL or Aldi do a submersable sump pump for about £20.
        Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Fit a 4" lift, then you wouldn't need the pit.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Fit a 4" lift, then you wouldn't need the pit.
            And it will be too tall for the garage door.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Not if he lets the tyres down!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                And it will be too tall for the garage door.
                aint that the truth!
                grrr!!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  aint that the truth!
                  grrr!!
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by ian619
                    While im getting the garage ready so that the surf will fit in i deceided to
                    break into the side of the pit i built into it a few years ago to build some steps, So i can climb in and out without shoveing the surf back and forth!
                    Got through the concrete and clay OK then it started raining and in it started pouring, Pumped out about 100 gal after it pi**ed down other night, What
                    am i gonna do? All suggestions rude or otherwise on the back of a blanc
                    cheque made out to me.....I THANK YOU.
                    Sounds like you need to recast the wall, including your steps - cut out to a cube shape, put pond liner in to stop the wet concrete getting leached by the surface water, then start shuttering up your steps. Use rebar to join your casting stages, so you don't get one section shifting relative to another. At the risk of being obvious, this probably wasn't the best time of year to do this
                    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

H20

Hi All, Yes peter bad timing on my part, I'll probably put off finishing it til
                      next summer, Meanwhile just keep pumping, I also found the gas service
                      but managed not to bugger that up, Hi Vince! She's already too high for the
                      garage door, Got to dump the up & over and make openers also disc cut
                      half a brick off one side to make it wider, The things we do for love eh,
                      Cheers all ian

Comment

how about digging up the approach to the garage, so that you drive down into it?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          how about digging up the approach to the garage, so that you drive down into it?

Trouble with that is your going to get water running into the garage with a slope down....LOL...anyone for a paddle
                          Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Gizmo
                            Trouble with that is your going to get water running into the garage with a slope down....LOL...anyone for a paddle
                            soooo what's the prob - you said you were going to get a pump!! it's got to pump summat!
                            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                            Tony

Comment

Wife wants either a swimming pool or a fish pond made out of it, come to think of it there's plenty of room for the wife in there, I could do an
                              eastenders on her, Fill it in and kill two birds with one stone so to speak hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X