Milners V Roughtrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milners V Roughtrax

My angel failed her M.O.T on a few very simple things....exhaust rear tail pipe(No.4), anti-roll bar 'D' bushes (both) and a N/S/F drag link end ball joint( which I assume is the idler bar....hope i'm right can someone please verify)

I have sourced parts on both Milners and Roughtrax websites..and Milners seems to be around £40 cheaper for the bits I need.....What i'm asking you guys is which is better..?? Are the milners bits cheaper in quality as well as price..???

TIA Darren

i've found that roughtrax know what they're talking about and the sales girls at milners don't rally have a clue... just know the numbers.

milners sent me the wrong part before and never refunded me...

best way to go would be get the cheap parts from the cheapest supplier... they're all much of a muchness
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Tailpipe number four? What are you fitting, plastic ones?
      I can't really coment on comparisons 'cos I've never bought anything from Roughtrax.
      Some of Milners stuff is 'cheap' quality though.
      Darren where do you go for your M.O.Ts/ I go to Adrian in Bourneville, 320651 he's really helpfull. If there are any problems, he tells you what to do to get it fixed, and won't charge you untill it passes, then makes out the 'ticket' at the date you first brought the vehicle to him.
      If you go there, say that Jo and Vince reccomended him.

Comment

I have read on here that the Milner idler arms are not up to the quality they should be .IE only last upto 1 year .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Milners and Roughtrax

Milners and Roughtrax both ok well with me anyway but......I would not use japimports as I had to get my sredit card company to refund ma as they WOUND NOT give me any refund so be warned ok!!!!! I think they come from the birmingham area.../keep trucking/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Tailpipe number four? What are you fitting, plastic ones?
            I can't really coment on comparisons 'cos I've never bought anything from Roughtrax.
            Some of Milners stuff is 'cheap' quality though.
            Darren where do you go for your M.O.Ts/ I go to Adrian in Bourneville, 320651 he's really helpfull. If there are any problems, he tells you what to do to get it fixed, and won't charge you untill it passes, then makes out the 'ticket' at the date you first brought the vehicle to him.
            If you go there, say that Jo and Vince reccomended him.
            Vince ... I go to A.T.S in Cwmbach in Aberdare, for the simple reason is they do the business on my mixer....I know the boys really well and when all jokes are aside they do their job well. I can trust them, if anything is wrong they will tell me. They are gonna do the work for me free and put the M.O.T from the date I first took it in so it runs concurrent with my last one. I carry my 4 yr old girl in the car day-to-day and don't want to be let down by anything.What's Adrian like on changing timing belts Vince....???mine is coming up for a change....As for the tail-pipe....thats what its described as on roughtrax website....
            Last edited by 30Surfer; 30 October 2005, 21:21.

Comment

Cheers all...looks like milners it is...save a few bob....Cheers Gwyn, hadn't even crossed them so cheers for the heads up....

Comment

ive only ordered off of Milners until the other day I ordered from Roughtrax as they say thier glowplugs are good (NGK - dont know about Milners). Spoke to Barry there due to a problemw with another part, he's a top bloke and very friendly and knows his stuff, you can order online too!
                Not had a prob with Milners so far and something they messed up they gave me a credit next time but anything technical im not sure how good they would be.
                Tim
                Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by 30Surfer
                  Vince ... I go to A.T.S in Cwmbach in Aberdare, for the simple reason is they do the business on my mixer....I know the boys really well and when all jokes are aside they do their job well. I can trust them, if anything is wrong they will tell me. They are gonna do the work for me free and put the M.O.T from the date I first took it in so it runs concurrent with my last one. I carry my 4 yr old girl in the car day-to-day and don't want to be let down by anything.What's Adrian like on changing timing belts Vince....???mine is coming up for a change....As for the tail-pipe....thats what its described as on roughtrax website....

Adrian is just an mot garage he said he's had enough of repairs.
                  You could change your belt yourself if you can tell the difference between a spanner and a hammer, it's really easy on the 3.0.

Comment

I aways go to Roughtrax now. Never had a bad part from them, stuff usually in stock.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I can use a shiftin spanner... Vince...summat you should know about me...I could break a new c**t....without even trying...I'll pay someone else to do it and then blame them when it all goes t1ts up....I've had quotes from £70 - £120

Comment

I can use a shiftin spanner... Vince...summat you should know about me...I could break a new c**t....

Ummmm, I'll have a vowel please carol.

Comment

eh.... whats a duck gotta do with a shiftin spanner...

Comment

eh.... whats a duck gotta do with a shiftin spanner...
                            I beg to differ sir.

I think that it is in fact a picture of a coot or a moorhen (never can remember which is which), but neither of them is a duck!

On a more serious note - I've always used RoughTrax and never had a problem. On the other hand I've heard of lots of problems with Milners stuff - you get what you pay for eh!

I've also bought stuff from JapImports. Once they sent the wrong part (which under the circumstances was understandable), and I never had a problem with getting a refund.

Rob
                            Last edited by TheWolfCub; 30 October 2005, 22:41.
                            Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

ahem ..

Comment

Working...
                              X