Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance help

hi all

newbie to the world of 4x4, having trouble getting a decent insurance quote,
    for a hilux surf 2.4 tdi 1992 vintage, it has an ARB winch fitted to the front built into a custom made bullbar.

tesco has just quoted me 616 pounds ( 7 years no claims bonus) can you direct me to a sensible company for insurance.
    Attached Files

Have a look for insurance in the FAQ section.

Comment

Originally posted by andy
      Have a look for insurance in the FAQ section.

cheers, hope its cheaper than the last quote i got!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulwest
        hi all

for a hilux surf 2.4 tdi 1992 vintage, it has an ARB winch fitted to the front built into a custom made bullbar.

tesco has just quoted me 616 pounds ( 7 years no claims bonus) can you direct me to a sensible company for insurance.
        I reckon if you sold your winch/bumper to me it would be a lot cheaper to insure (might also pay for one years insurance)!

Serroiusly though- Adrian Flux 4x4 Division apears to be the place to go for sensible quotes on modifed vehicles. I've beaten them down to £395 FC on 5 years NCB on a highly moded Surf.

Comment

Try LIFESURE

£340 i pay, thats on a 97 3.0 and im 35 yrs old with full no claims

Comment

Originally posted by paulwest
            hi all

Jeez! I'm only two years older than you, with the same truck same colour same year, and I'm with Tesco.........£284 fully comp. with four years ncd.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Jeez! I'm only two years older than you, with the same truck same colour same year, and I'm with Tesco.........£284 fully comp. with four years ncd.

finally got it down to 295 pounds fully comp with the mods accepted, lifesure insured me in the end, had quotes 450 to 600+ before

Comment

and a nice truck too...
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  and a nice truck too...
                  happy as larry with it, got it for 2500, 800 pounds worth of winch and bar never been used!!
                  bought it up croydon, nice chap done a lot of work on it, just need to find somewhere in kent to play with it now

Comment

flippin eck! nearly as cheap as mine, and thats (very)standard!
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                      flippin eck! nearly as cheap as mine, and thats (very)standard!
                      Grumble grumble / Moan

Thats not fair is it Chillit?

Nice looking truck and for the record im insured now with Liverpool Victoria. Lifesure dont insure me as im under 25. I have a London postcode, one accident not my fault aaaages ago and 6 points You dont wanna know how much I pay but these guys were the cheapest and Ive heard good things.
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Working...
                      X