Auto Veg Oil Heater Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Veg Oil Heater Switch

I have been in talks with a manufacturer of automotive fan switches and we have come up with a prototype thermostatically controlled switch for the fuel line.

This means you can monitor the temperature of your heat exchanger - or (as I want to use it for) put in an electric pre-warmer which will turn off when the fuel reaches a certain temperature (75deg C)... It could also be used by the two tankers to autmatically switch over to veg oil as soon as the heat exchanger was hot enough...

The switches are made by a fairlyy large manufacturer of autmotive components - from machined aluminium (best material for heat transfer).

If any of you guys would like one - they are turning out to be £50 +VAT.

Let me know!

Originally posted by chunkymonkey
    I have been in talks with a manufacturer of automotive fan switches and we have come up with a prototype thermostatically controlled switch for the fuel line.

This means you can monitor the temperature of your heat exchanger - or (as I want to use it for) put in an electric pre-warmer which will turn off when the fuel reaches a certain temperature (75deg C)... It could also be used by the two tankers to autmatically switch over to veg oil as soon as the heat exchanger was hot enough...

The switches are made by a fairlyy large manufacturer of autmotive components - from machined aluminium (best material for heat transfer).

Let me know!
    I might be interested but what about the pre-heater?
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by chunkymonkey

Let me know!
      Hi mate, am interested, but would need loads more details about how they work. Also, being a 'two tanker' I'd need to know if I can manually override the switch in order to switch it off before I stop the engine.

Cheers

Rob
      Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

you could do with some kind of turbo timer type setup on this... so you didn't forget to switch back to diesel... when you turn of the ignition, it switches over andruns for 30 secs or so to pull through diesel rather than veg, all ready for cold start.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
        X