Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAppy Bunny

Mornin' all

Had the surf about a mnth now and feeling happier each day. Had it's first trip off road last weekend and it performed better than my old pajero did (might be due to fact that surf is a bit lighter).

wife also pleased but mentioned tha, compared to the paj, it looks a bit "girly" (it's a 3rd gen 3.0 SSRG in glacier blue over silver). I don't agree but when does that matter when she has spoken.

Yesterday was going throught the garage and cam across the roof bars & crate i took off the paj before I sold it.

Out came the welder & angle grinder (the bars were gutter mounts and the surf has T tracks). After a couple of hours bars & crate fitted and it's completly changed the look of the surf.

Thule wanted £79.99 for a fitting kit & £39.99 for a set of T track feet (having a laff) - I adapted the existing ones for £7.99 (cost of a tin of black hammerite smooth) and well happy.

Next job is additional lights in the A Bar & some JAOS mudflpas (must get a digi camera & post pics)

Wouldn't go back to a paj again

still smilin'

ta

hawaii

ps - NIGEL, STILL NOT GOT ME CLUB STICKERS - 4 WEEKS & COUNTING!!
    I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Surfs are girly??? I call mine old girl, so it must be right.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Phil

I think her point was that, compared to the 2nd gen surf, the 3rd gen is less angular & more rounded (that's what she meant by girly)

Don't think she's right anyway and she was the last to complain when it was down to the axles in water & mud on Saturday and didn't get stuck!!! - TOP VEHICLE

cheers

hawaii
      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Working...
      X