Belated greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belated greetings

Hi All, I've left it a bit late for this i know having been on the site a few months now but better latent than never, as they say, I would like to say what a great site this is for great trucks, My only regret is that i bought my
    surf before i found this site, When i originally started looking for a 4x4 it was
    going to be a pajero til i saw a red 2nd gen surf and thought thats the one,
    It had the look!, Still think Pajero's are a good looking truck but Surfs definatly
    have the edge, I had a max of 3 grand to get one and the only place i thought of looking was auto trader web site, the ones in my price range all
    seemed to be the other end of the country, Eventually found one near to me at the right price a 92 K reg SSRX 2.4, It was'nt the 3lt blue or red with rear
    carrier and wrapround JAOS that i plan'd on but the grey's grown on me, Its
    the first vechicle since my 68 Rivera that i am enthusatic about and enjoy driving, An example of this enthusaism:- Im selling most of my made & unmade
    model ships collection!, To buy a certain item for the surf,
    I've recently become a carer for my wife who has parkinsons desease, both
    arthritis's and a few other ailements, poor sods realey been through it,
    so rich we aint!,But one accessory at a time right!
    The surf was a bad starter and low on power when i got it but after three
    doses of injector cleaner it starts first time and has gained a bit more power,
    Still not as it should be but a dam site better than it was, I will post some
    pic's if my son shows me how to do it, I'm as new to computers as i am to
    4x4's I'll wait til after the MOT this week and i've fitted the wheel spacers etc
    Im holding off changing the stereo til i've got a few other things, gauges, leds
    etc so i only have to strip the dash once, Well sorry to bang on.
    Best Regards to all. ianf7
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Whoa! back peddle a bit there fella, you mean to say you had a Riviera, as in one of these??!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Whoa! back peddle a bit there fella, you mean to say you had a Riviera, as in one of these??!
      Hi Mate Yep thats the one! Black when i got it, Metal Flake white when i
      sold it (with a blown engine) thats buggered not supercharged,

Comment

Dammit! Just when I'm trying to get idea of buying a muscle car out of my head, you go and bring back all those dreamy feelings again.
        I'll have to go and make a cup of tea now to calm down.......

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Dammit! Just when I'm trying to get idea of buying a muscle car out of my head, you go and bring back all those dreamy feelings again.
          I'll have to go and make a cup of tea now to calm down.......
          Sorry,Did i mension i had a Chrysler New Yorker prior to the buick, It was'nt
          exactly a muscle car more of a limo, Ex US embassy (belgium) i think,
          Spent a small fortune on the buick what with engine parts, chroming, paint
          etc, Wish i had the money now, Ian

Comment

Working...
          X