help a newbie surfer.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a newbie surfer.....

I can not engage the 4wd on my 3l surf petrol, manual transmission. Has any kind hearted person got any suggestions? I spent 3 hours diggin it out of a beach yesterday, and would like to avoid that in the future
    Also when I go over a bump there is a strange grinding noise, I'm not sure what to make of it??

Hi James,
    Sorry I missed your call yesterday, wedding aniverary, took the missis out.
    The bumping sound could be the bump stops or something like that. Try winding the tortion bars down a bit too ,about 1 1/2" I did wind them up quite a way.
    As for the 4 wheel drive , when you press the button is there any sound like the gears engageing ? if not could be the relay.
    I aint no expert on the mechanical dooberies , so I stand to be corrected.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
      Hi James,
      Sorry I missed your call yesterday, wedding aniverary, took the missis out.
      The bumping sound could be the bump stops or something like that. Try winding the tortion bars down a bit too ,about 1 1/2" I did wind them up quite a way.
      As for the 4 wheel drive , when you press the button is there any sound like the gears engageing ? if not could be the relay.
      I aint no expert on the mechanical dooberies , so I stand to be corrected.

Andy.
      Andy,
      Thanks for the advice mate, going to take it down to the garage to get them to have a look at it tomorrow, shall mention the torsion bars.
      As for the 4 wheel drive, there is no sound of the gears engaging and no 4x4 light comes on on the dash. I am putting it in neutral and pressing the button but other than a very quiet clicking noise, nothing else is happening.
      Hopefully they will be able to sort that too.

Anyway other than that having a ****** great time with the truck! puts a smile on my face everytime I look at it on the drive! The sound system is superb, I examined it a bit further and you were absolutely right, a little button pressed and it now sounds fantastic.

How is your new beast? Did you get that 3rd gen in the end?

Cheers
      James

Comment

Working...
      X