ride hight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride hight

The ride hight on my '92 2.4 Surf is approx 34" to the top of the wheel arch at the front and 33" at the back (I say approx because it is currently parked sideways on a gentle slope and there is about 1" difference between offside and nearside. I hope that is the reason anyway) So I've seen lots of pictures and a few other Surfs driving around and they appear to be varying ride hights all over the place, but unfortunately I have yet to park up next to another and check the difference, although a fellow owner came up to me the other day and said that mine was taller than his. (Perhaps I wont need a 2" lift kit in the future after all)
    Does anyone know what the standard hight is or have any measurements of their own to compare as I would be very interested to know.

Steve
    Last edited by cheezygrinon; 27 November 2003, 21:02.

The front should measure from the edge of the wheel rim to the inside of the wheel arch 13.5 to 14 inches.

Haven't a clue what the back should be I can only assume the same or higher. If it is lower than the front then I would say that it has a saggy arse and needs springs / shocks.

The measurements are supposed to be taken on even ground, when I tried could only find inclines and cambers one side was always different to the other. Allthough my shocks were knackered!

Rich.
    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Got any ideas about the 3rd gens' ride height? I'm 'concerned' about mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
        Got any ideas about the 3rd gens' ride height? I'm 'concerned' about mine.
        Found this for a '97 4runner. Might help.

Overall Height:

P265/P225 tires............(2WD) 68.5/67.5

(4WD) 69.3/67.5

All measurements in inches.

Rich.

Guess it should look something like this :

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Thanks Rich, will check tomorrow. What I would really like to know is whether the front or rear suspension is sagging at all. I guess the overall height would give me a rough idea of the suspension as a whole.

Cheers
          Rob

Comment

From the factory manual,

ignore the rear, its only for leaf sprung trucks, 2nd gen Surfs have coils and I can't find anything for them ATM
            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
            X