Greetings Fellow off road hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.C.P
    cheers everyone for the help and views, I'll have the system running on 2 batteries in the load area underneath the speaker housing, wired up to a -wait for it- solar panel on the roof...The solar panel'sbeen specifically designed for the job and it's very small so it's not as bad as it sounds, won the thing in a car mag competition months ago and it's been gathering dust ever since....

Thanks, I would've broken something for sure!

I got one of them solar panels, it lives on top of the sliding sunshade under the sunroof. I use it when camping to trickle charge the leisure battery, when parked up.

Comment

obdii,solar panels ???????????
      I'm glad my 1st gen aint got them cos I would get confused....efi (or wot ever its called) is bad enough,I like to keep things simple just like me.
      Mind you I do have a solar panel if I take my hat off on sunny days ????

welcome to the weired wolrd of sufizum pcp and enjoy.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Nice one, Well... I've not even read the instructions on the solar panel mate, had it out of the box once and thought it was a joke, but everyone i've spoken to says they regenerate batteries real quick and they're great for long hauls; say if I was gfoing to sleep in the back and have the t.v on all night with all 5 amps draining both batteries overnight it would only take 3 hours of overcast daylight to recharge them again. Sweet as.

I'm going to have a look for a post about door seals too, i'm still not sold on that

P.S, i've still no idea what obdii is. Sorry, i'm not that High Tech
        ––––•(-• Blueberry Skint •-)•––––

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          I got one of them solar panels, it lives on top of the sliding sunshade under the sunroof. I use it when camping to trickle charge the leisure battery, when parked up.
          Could I ask where you got the panel from and how much they are???
          Just had an idea for a leisure battery
          Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

This ( http://www.siliconsolar.com/car_solar_charger.htm ) is the kind of thing I won, granted it's an american site, and the one I won was from an american mag that I found in an apartment I was renting in Gozo last year, but i'm sure these guys will ship, if not then a good hearty Google search will help you out.
            ––––•(-• Blueberry Skint •-)•––––

Comment

.The first solar panel in that link is the one I've got. I paid £9,99 for mine on ebay. They're selling for £29.99 in Motorworld.

Comment

broken links

hi have had a look at your site but very sad as links to picks broken???

Comment

They worked for me..........Try here....
                  http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...els&category0=

Comment

wasn't gozo on the muppets??

i invented a solar powered power pack... but like all my inventions (e.g. the upstairs sack barrow and the lifting truck body) it had already been invented!!
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                    X